Smalltalk meeting in Frankfurt / Germany 16.6

Smalltalk meeting in Frankfurt / Germany 16.6

Marcus Denker-4
Hi,

There will be a Smalltalk meeting in Frankfurt, Germany:

        https://www.xing.com/events/fsug-treffen-vortrag-frankfurt-schwalbach-do-16-6-780024

16.06.2011

Location:

        Cincom Systems
        Am Kronberger Hang 4
        65824 Schwalbach
        Germany

Thomas Holzer will present how Smalltalk is used at HRWorks http://www.hrworks.de

--
Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

Re: Smalltalk meeting in Frankfurt / Germany 16.6

Sven Van Caekenberghe

On 15 Jun 2011, at 10:48, Marcus Denker wrote:

> Thomas Holzer will present how Smalltalk is used at HRWorks http://www.hrworks.de

Thomas was on the last Pharo sprint in Brussels and I had a nice talk with him.

I think most people don't realize how big a Smalltalk success story HR Works actually is.

They have hundreds of (often big name) companies as customers, and many tens of thousands of users on a SaaS pay as you go model. Do the math ;-)

And all this based on a Smalltalk software product (using a OODB as well). This is really very cool !

We just have to convince him to switch to Pharo, at least for some of their stuff...

Sven

Re: Smalltalk meeting in Frankfurt / Germany 16.6

Stéphane Ducasse

On Jun 15, 2011, at 5:24 PM, Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote:

> On 15 Jun 2011, at 10:48, Marcus Denker wrote:
>
>> Thomas Holzer will present how Smalltalk is used at HRWorks http://www.hrworks.de
>
> Thomas was on the last Pharo sprint in Brussels and I had a nice talk with him.
>
> I think most people don't realize how big a Smalltalk success story HR Works actually is.
>
> They have hundreds of (often big name) companies as customers, and many tens of thousands of users on a SaaS pay as you go model. Do the math ;-)

we did the math.
In fact this is great because I follow the success of HRWorks since 1998 or 2000.
And I was really proud/touched that they were impressed by our work too.

> And all this based on a Smalltalk software product (using a OODB as well). This is really very cool !
>
> We just have to convince him to switch to Pharo, at least for some of their stuff...

:)
First I would like to make sure that what he will present at ESUG will get open-sourced and benefit to the community.