"Smalltalk signalLowSpace" freeze the image

"Smalltalk signalLowSpace" freeze the image

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi. Take Pharo 1.0 or Pharo 1.1. The following code, will probably freeze your image:  "Smalltalk signalLowSpace"

Can you reproduce it?  or I am the only one ?   Let me know and I open a ticket.

I have tried with all Mac vms.

I tried the same in Squeak 4.1 and it works correct. Any idea where it can be the problem?

I tried to debug a lot. Of course, it is freezing in "LowSpaceSemaphore signal".

I put a halt in #installLowSpaceWatcher  and tried to debug #lowSpaceWatcher  but I didn't find anything.

Thanks for any hint.

Mariano

Re: "Smalltalk signalLowSpace" freeze the image

Gary Chambers-4
A freeze (cmd-. interruptable)... The old "offList" message things it seems...

Regards, Gary

Re: "Smalltalk signalLowSpace" freeze the image

nicolas proposed a fix for offList

I did not integrate it because the fix is not fixing the problem but kind of an effect.

Setf