Smalltalk vs. World discussions

Pedro Andrade
To all that think Smalltalk should be more widely used:

I also agree. Just don't press it too much...

Our society is based on competition. Like it or not!
Choosing and learning development tools is hard and very time consuming
for a developer, and he/she should be well rewarded for making good
competitive choices.
Smalltalk brought me a big boost in developing speeds, but I've had to
fight everybody that was above me on the decision hierarchy. Only fast
final results and continued stability convince them in the end.
Despite some hard times, I really believe I have the advantage, as well
as any other Smalltalk developer. Why be willing to loose it?
We should trust our decisions when they bring good results even if the
world doesn't think the same way.
It's up to the companies that develop Smalltalk tools to call a bigger
share of the market onto themselves. It would be good for them and
prices migth come down a bit, which would be good for everybody. That's
OK if it happens. I'm not selfish about using Smalltalk, but don't ask
me to go and give. Anyone who get's to Smalltalk should make his/her own
path up to it.
Those Java, C++, and whatever guys are always looking for a chance to
ridicularize Smalltalk, but that only shows how insecure they are about
the tools they are using.

Do you also like to give money away? Let me know the next time...

Pedro Andrade
Fly Small!

Re: Smalltalk vs. World discussions

Ingo Blank