SmalltalkHub over https

Peter Uhnak
Hi,

since Let's Encrypt offers free certs, is there any reason why smalltalkhub is not yet served over https? Maybe limitation of Zinc?

I guess that's one benefit that we are such a small community that nobody nuked us yet... (e.g. every time you commit from free wifi (hotel, airport, caffee, ...) you give up your password).

Peter

Re: SmalltalkHub over https

stepharo
Time and ressources.
We cannot do more else it will damage what we are doing.
Now if somebody wants to help he is more than welcome.

Stef
> since Let's Encrypt offers free certs, is there any reason why smalltalkhub is not yet served over https? Maybe limitation of Zinc?
>
> I guess that's one benefit that we are such a small community that nobody nuked us yet... (e.g. every time you commit from free wifi (hotel, airport, caffee, ...) you give up your password).
>
> Peter

Re: SmalltalkHub over https

Max Leske
We’ve set up Let’s Encrypt on our servers and while it’s cool it also requires some work around it. Most importantly you have to set up auto renewal (every 30 days). And if you don’t get it right it will suck.

Also: use VPN :)