SmalltalkWorld chartFrameworks.

12

SmalltalkWorld chartFrameworks.

Juan Ignacio Vaccarezza
Hi all,

      Does anybody know a chart framework? Im looking fo something like jfreechart (java chart framework).
      I need bar graph, pie chart, and line chart.

Thanks,
Juan

Re: SmalltalkWorld chartFrameworks.

camille teruel
Hi Juan,

You can have a look to eyeSee:

Gofer it
    squeaksource: 'EyeSee';
    package: 'ConfigurationOfEyeSee';
    load.
(Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfEyeSee) loadDefault

Juan

Re: SmalltalkWorld chartFrameworks.

Juan Ignacio Vaccarezza
Thanks for your answer Camille!

I tried it.
It loads well on 1.4 but in 2.0 shows warining about a non satisfied blockclosure class.

Then when I run the test there is a faliure with the anouncements, which also accured when I tried the examples.

Is someone maintaining this?

Thanks again,
Juan

On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 11:27 AM, Camille Teruel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Juan,

You can have a look to eyeSee:

Gofer it
    squeaksource: 'EyeSee';
    package: 'ConfigurationOfEyeSee';
    load.
(Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfEyeSee) loadDefault

On 16 mai 2013, at 16:03, Juan Ignacio Vaccarezza wrote:

Hi all,

      Does anybody know a chart framework? Im looking fo something like jfreechart (java chart framework).
      I need bar graph, pie chart, and line chart.

Thanks,
Juan

Re: SmalltalkWorld chartFrameworks.

stephane ducasse
yes normally the moose people.
This is strange because eyesee is in Moose and we load it daily in 2.0.

Stef

On 16 mai 2013, at 17:59, stephane ducasse wrote:

yes normally the moose people.
This is strange because eyesee is in Moose and we load it daily in 2.0.

Maybe the smalltalk hub repo is more up to date?

Stef

[...]

Alain Busser
Hi,

I have a similar problem with PetitParser (loads well under Pharo 1.4, not as well under Pharo 2.0)

Alain

On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 8:56 PM, Camille Teruel <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Ben Coman
Try it in Moose 4.8, which is based off Pharo 2.0.
http://www.moosetechnology.org/download/4.8
-ben

Camille Teruel wrote:
[...]

****ALL*** the moose people are using PetitParser and it loads in 20.
so where you took the code from?

The official repositories are on SmalltalkHub/Moose

Stef

On May 16, 2013, at 8:27 PM, Alain Busser <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

EstebanLM
and not just the moose people :)

take into account that all those project has been migrated to smalltalkhub, under the moose team:

for the moose guys:

what about promote the right configurations to MetaRepoForPharo20? (I know there are a lot of cool stuff in that team that can be shared :P)

(yeah, I know... I'm annoying with this "configurations" stuff, but someone has to remember it, otherwise it will be wrongly empty :)

Esteban

On May 17, 2013, at 8:44 AM, stephane ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Hi all, thanks for the answers,

I also notice the problem with petit parser (the parsing stuff is working but not the editor throws a MNU), I loaded it using the configuration browser

I'll try loading from SH later, right now Im stuck with something else.

Thanks again,
Juan.

On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 4:20 AM, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

I made

Gofer new
    renggli: 'petit';
    package: 'ConfigurationOfPetitParser';
    load.
(Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfPetitParser)
    perform: #loadDefault.

The tool is actually loaded but when I try to launch it from the system menu I get a

receiver of "-" is nil

Same message if in the workspace I type PPBrowser new open, but not if I try PPBrowser new inspect (there, I have an inspector open on the PPBrowser)

I'll switch to smalltalkhub now

Alain

On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 10:44 AM, stephane ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

OK, I used Monticello with the Moose address, and downloaded petitsmalltalk and PetitParser, as well as configuration files. I made

(Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfPetitParser)
    perform: #loadDefault.

once again, and clicked on the petit entry in the tools menu ... and Pharo crashed!

On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 9:11 PM, Alain Busser <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

Please load the latest version of PetitParser in Pharo 2.0 from SmalltalkHub:

Gofer new
        smalltalkhubUser: 'Moose' project: 'PetitParser';
        package: 'ConfigurationOfPetitParser';
        load.
(Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfPetitParser)
        loadDevelopment

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Innovation comes in the least expected form.
That is, if it is expected, it already happened."

Re: SmalltalkWorld chartFrameworks.

Alain Busser
Done, and when I clicked on the menu entry ... and ... guess what ...  Pharo crashed again ...

The last error message was about a labelGraphic ( aMultistateButton); in case it helps...

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Innovation comes in the least expected form.
That is, if it is expected, it already happened."

Re: SmalltalkWorld chartFrameworks.

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

Something does not add up :). What menu are you talking about?

Here is an image based on Pharo 2.0 that only contains PetitParser:
https://ci.inria.fr/moose/job/petitparser/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/petitparser.zip

If I run "PPBrowser open", it seems to work just fine.

Here is how the image was created:
wget --quiet -O - http://get.pharo.org/20+vmLatest | bash
./pharo Pharo.image save $JOB_NAME
REPO=http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/Moose/PetitParser/main
./pharo $JOB_NAME.image config $REPO ConfigurationOfPetitParser --install=development
./pharo $JOB_NAME.image test --junit-xml-output "Petit.*"
mv ./pharo-vm/PharoV20.sources ./
zip -r $JOB_NAME.zip $JOB_NAME.image $JOB_NAME.changes PharoV20.sources

Cheers,
Doru

On May 18, 2013, at 7:56 PM, Alain Busser <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Done, and when I clicked on the menu entry ... and ... guess what ...  Pharo crashed again ...
>
> The last error message was about a labelGraphic ( aMultistateButton); in case it helps...
>

> On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 9:43 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please load the latest version of PetitParser in Pharo 2.0 from SmalltalkHub:
>
> Gofer new
>         smalltalkhubUser: 'Moose' project: 'PetitParser';
>         package: 'ConfigurationOfPetitParser';
>         load.
> (Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfPetitParser)
>         loadDevelopment
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> On May 17, 2013, at 7:23 PM, Alain Busser <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> > OK, I used Monticello with the Moose address, and downloaded petitsmalltalk and PetitParser, as well as configuration files. I made
> >
> > (Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfPetitParser)
> >     perform: #loadDefault.
> >

> > once again, and clicked on the petit entry in the tools menu ... and Pharo crashed!
> >

> > On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 9:11 PM, Alain Busser <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I made
> >
> > Gofer new
> >     renggli: 'petit';
> >     package: 'ConfigurationOfPetitParser';
> >     load.
> > (Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfPetitParser)
> >     perform: #loadDefault.
> >

> > The tool is actually loaded but when I try to launch it from the system menu I get a
> >
> > receiver of "-" is nil
> >
> > Same message if in the workspace I type PPBrowser new open, but not if I try PPBrowser new inspect (there, I have an inspector open on the PPBrowser)
> >
> > I'll switch to smalltalkhub now
> >
> > Alain
> >

> > On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 10:44 AM, stephane ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > ****ALL*** the moose people are using PetitParser and it loads in 20.
> > so where you took the code from?
> >
> > The official repositories are on SmalltalkHub/Moose
> >
> > Stef
> >
> > On May 16, 2013, at 8:27 PM, Alain Busser <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I have a similar problem with PetitParser (loads well under Pharo 1.4, not as well under Pharo 2.0)
> >>
> >> Alain

> >> Maybe the smalltalk hub repo is more up to date?

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Innovation comes in the least expected form.
> That is, if it is expected, it already happened."

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"To lead is not to demand things, it is to make them happen."

Re: SmalltalkWorld chartFrameworks.

Alain Busser
in the "world" menu, "tools" then "petitparser";

the browser method is "openWith: aRender" which fails to render anything in GLMMorphicRenderer...

On Sun, May 19, 2013 at 12:02 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

> > On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 10:44 AM, stephane ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > ****ALL*** the moose people are using PetitParser and it loads in 20.
> > so where you took the code from?
> >
> > The official repositories are on SmalltalkHub/Moose
> >
> > Stef
> >
> > On May 16, 2013, at 8:27 PM, Alain Busser <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I have a similar problem with PetitParser (loads well under Pharo 1.4, not as well under Pharo 2.0)
> >>
> >> Alain

> >> Maybe the smalltalk hub repo is more up to date?

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Innovation comes in the least expected form.
> That is, if it is expected, it already happened."

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"To lead is not to demand things, it is to make them happen."

Hi Alain,

As I said, something does not add up.

What do you do exactly when you are building your image?

Also, could you try following the instructions from the previous mail and let me know if it still fails?

Cheers,
Doru

On May 19, 2013, at 1:24 PM, Alain Busser <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> > >
> > > receiver of "-" is nil
> > >
> > > Same message if in the workspace I type PPBrowser new open, but not if I try PPBrowser new inspect (there, I have an inspector open on the PPBrowser)
> > >
> > > I'll switch to smalltalkhub now
> > >
> > > Alain
> > >

> > > On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 10:44 AM, stephane ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > ****ALL*** the moose people are using PetitParser and it loads in 20.
> > > so where you took the code from?
> > >
> > > The official repositories are on SmalltalkHub/Moose
> > >
> > > Stef

> > --
> > www.tudorgirba.com
> >
> > "Innovation comes in the least expected form.
> > That is, if it is expected, it already happened."
> >

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "To lead is not to demand things, it is to make them happen."

"If you can't say why something is relevant,
it probably isn't."

Re: SmalltalkWorld chartFrameworks.

Juan Ignacio Vaccarezza
Doru,
  I loaded the moose stuf from smalltalk hub (following your instructions) and worked perferct thanks

Regars,
Juan

On Sun, May 19, 2013 at 9:01 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

> > > I'll switch to smalltalkhub now
> > >
> > > Alain
> > >

> > > On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 10:44 AM, stephane ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > ****ALL*** the moose people are using PetitParser and it loads in 20.
> > > so where you took the code from?
> > >
> > > The official repositories are on SmalltalkHub/Moose
> > >
> > > Stef

> > --
> > www.tudorgirba.com
> >
> > "Innovation comes in the least expected form.
> > That is, if it is expected, it already happened."
> >

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "To lead is not to demand things, it is to make them happen."

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"If you can't say why something is relevant,

I dropped the image on Pharo and I still have this illegal subtraction message.

I don't build anything, I just downloaded Pharo 2.0 "one click" and added MathsOntologie, DrGeo and PetitParser. Plus the (almost) daily updates.

The debugger says that GLMSystemWindow's "addMorph: fullFrame" method has a subtraction where WindowBorderWidth (which equals 4) is subtracted to bottom; and bottom is nil, so it don't understand the "-" message (I doubt a nil object understands anything).

So I guess the question is "why is bottom nil?" I see that at the beginning there is bottom := frame bottomOffset. Whereas frame is a LayoutFrame ( (0@0) + (4@4)px corner: (1@1) + (-4@nil)px ) so I imagine the nil comes from this point, no?

On Sun, May 19, 2013 at 4:01 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

> > > I'll switch to smalltalkhub now
> > >
> > > Alain
> > >

> > > On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 10:44 AM, stephane ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > ****ALL*** the moose people are using PetitParser and it loads in 20.
> > > so where you took the code from?
> > >
> > > The official repositories are on SmalltalkHub/Moose
> > >
> > > Stef

> > --
> > www.tudorgirba.com
> >
> > "Innovation comes in the least expected form.
> > That is, if it is expected, it already happened."
> >

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "To lead is not to demand things, it is to make them happen."

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"If you can't say why something is relevant,

Marcus Denker-4

On May 20, 2013, at 6:09 PM, Alain Busser <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I dropped the image on Pharo and I still have this illegal subtraction message.
>
> I don't build anything, I just downloaded Pharo 2.0 "one click" and added MathsOntologie, DrGeo and PetitParser. Plus the (almost) daily updates.
There are no daily updates in 2.0.

        Marcus

12