Smalltalker looking for work in Germany

1 message Options

Smalltalker looking for work in Germany

Josh Fridstrom
Hello all,

My name is Josh Fridstrom and I will be moving to Schleswig-Holstein, Germany from the United States later in the summer. My wife recently accepted a job as an English teaching assistant and we are excited for the opportunity to move to Europe. Our move dates are flexible so we can move earlier if necessary, but right now we were thinking of moving in mid-August.

I have attached my CV for more information, but here is the quick plug:
  • I currently work at Amazon Web Services in Seattle, Washington. Unfortunately, I don’t use Smalltalk at work, I use mostly Java.
  • I have contributed, over the last three years, to a modular Smalltalk implementation called Modtalk. We have presented at Smalltalks 2014 in Córdoba, XP 2015 in Helsinki, and we plan to present this year at ESUG. Although Modtalk is built completely from scratch, we have written a great number of tools in Pharo including the compiler and the IDE.
  • I have studied German for a number of years and have earned a certificate from an accredited university demonstrating my intermediate skills.

Feel free to reach out to me directly if you have any questions or if you just want to introduce yourself.

Thanks!
I look forward to meeting some of you at ESUG this year,
Josh Fridstrom

JoshFridstromCV.pdf (188K) Download Attachment