Smalltalkhub & API

philippeback
Is there a way to ask for a set of project names under a given Team/User?

I don't like maintaining lists like this one:

 #(
'BitmapCharacterSet'
'CollectionArithmetic'
'Coral'
'EventRecorder'
'FFICompatibility'
'FileSystemLegacy'
'Flotr'
'Gettext'
'ImageWorker'
'JSON'
'LDAP'
'LEDMorph'
'MorphExamplesAndDemos'
'NBOpenGL'
'OPAX'
'OrderPreservingDictionary'
'Pastell'
'Phexample'
'PlotMorph'
'PostgresV2'
'Postmark'
'ProfStef'
'RFB'
'ROE'
'SCouchDBViewServer'
'SMark'
'Smacc'
'Sound'
'Soup'
'Spotlight2'
'Tanker'
'XMLParser'
'XMLSupport'
'XMLWriter'
'XPath'
'readline') do: [ :projectName |
MCRepositoryGroup default addRepository: (
MCSmalltalkhubRepository
owner: 'PharoExtras'
project: projectName)
].

Phil

Re: Smalltalkhub & API

Stephan Eggermont-3
Hi Phil,

Did you take a look at a smalltalkhub image
  https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/SmalltalkHub/
The Hub package provides a starting point.

Stephan

Re: Smalltalkhub & API

philippeback

Ah, good.

I'll look at that.

Thx

Re: Smalltalkhub & API

Tobias Pape
On 27.03.2014, at 21:36, Stephan Eggermont <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Phil,
>
> Did you take a look at a smalltalkhub image
>  https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/SmalltalkHub/
> The Hub package provides a starting point.

I dl'ed the latest that was tagged 2.0, but it comes
just with the configuration loaded. Trying to load that
eventually kills the VM…

Best
        -Tobias

signature.asc (1K) Download Attachment

Re: Smalltalkhub & API

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

On 27 Mar 2014, at 23:29, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 27.03.2014, at 21:36, Stephan Eggermont <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi Phil,
>>
>> Did you take a look at a smalltalkhub image
>> https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/SmalltalkHub/
>> The Hub package provides a starting point.
>
> I dl'ed the latest that was tagged 2.0, but it comes
> just with the configuration loaded. Trying to load that
> eventually kills the VM…
>
> Best
> -Tobias

IIRC, you have to have MongoDB running before you start the image.

Re: Smalltalkhub & API

Stephan Eggermont-3
Tobias wrote:
>I dl'ed the latest that was tagged 2.0, but it comes
>just with the configuration loaded. Trying to load that
>eventually kills the VM…

Good find. The 0.9.2 baseline only has a pharo3.x
version, and that is the one getting build… The tests
in the Pharo2 version don’t seem to catch that :)
I’m not sure why it kills the vm. It hopes to connect to a
local mongodb.

0.9.2-baseline might load in 2 by removing the 3.x,
but I haven’t tried. I can’t commit in
NicolasPetton/SmalltalkHub

Stephan

Re: Smalltalkhub & API

Nicolas Petton
Hi!

You can do:

GET http://smalltalkhub.com/hub/projects/{user,team}

Cheers,
Nico

--
Nicolas Petton
http://nicolas-petton.fr

Re: Smalltalkhub & API

philippeback
Ah, nice!

Thx

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 10:44 AM, Nicolas Petton <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi!

You can do:

GET <a href="http://smalltalkhub.com/hub/projects/{user,team}" target="_blank">http://smalltalkhub.com/hub/projects/{user,team}

Cheers,
Nico

--
Nicolas Petton
http://nicolas-petton.fr

Re: Smalltalkhub & API

Nicolas Petton

Stephan Eggermont writes:

> 0.9.2-baseline might load in 2 by removing the 3.x,
> but I haven’t tried. I can’t commit in
> NicolasPetton/SmalltalkHub

Hi,

Do you want write access to the repo?

Cheers,
Nico

Re: Smalltalkhub & API

Nicolas Petton

Would it be useful if SmalltalkHub provided an API (I mean, something
documented)?

Nico

--
Nicolas Petton
http://nicolas-petton.fr

Re: Smalltalkhub & API

philippeback
I just wanted to have my projects repos added to my preferences file.
Without an API, it requires scraping the UI and writing code.

So, yes, an API would be nice (or some helper to help with the repos registration for a given user/team in Monticello).

But the REST thing is good enough at this point. With some NeoJSON, it can be quickly accessed.

Phil

--
Nicolas Petton
http://nicolas-petton.fr

Re: Smalltalkhub & API

Tobias Pape

On 28.03.2014, at 00:13, Stephan Eggermont <[hidden email]> wrote:

Tobias wrote:
I dl'ed the latest that was tagged 2.0, but it comes
just with the configuration loaded. Trying to load that
eventually kills the VM…

Good find. The 0.9.2 baseline only has a pharo3.x
version, and that is the one getting build… The tests
in the Pharo2 version don’t seem to catch that :)
I’m not sure why it kills the vm. It hopes to connect to a
local mongodb.

0.9.2-baseline might load in 2 by removing the 3.x,
but I haven’t tried. I can’t commit in
NicolasPetton/SmalltalkHub

Yes, I then used the 3.0 one to play around with…
(only that the seaside control panel does not work
 with 3.0's version of spec…)

Best
        -TObias

signature.asc (1K) Download Attachment

Re: Smalltalkhub & API

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
philippeback wrote
I just wanted to have my projects repos added to my preferences file.
So, yes, an API would be nice
I had the same use case, so I implemented just that one to get the ball rolling. I just wrote my own custom project class but maybe it would be better to reuse the one from sthub itself?

Gofer it
        smalltalkhubUser: 'SeanDeNigris' project: 'SeansPlayground';
        configurationOf: 'SmalltalkHubAPI';
        loadStable.

projects := #SthAPI asClass new projectsFor: 'your sth user/team name here'.
projects do: [ :e |
        Transcript show: 'Adding repo for ', e name, ' to default group'; cr.
        e addMcRepository ].
Cheers,
Sean