Smalltalkhub needs your quick in the ass :)

Smalltalkhub needs your quick in the ass :)

Stéphane Ducasse
Hi guys

Nicolas released internally a new version of smalltalkhub and everyday he finds a good reason not to announce it.
So please do us a favor… create some projects and push your code there so that nicolas gets the feel
of a alive and kicking smalltalkhub :)

Re: Smalltalkhub needs your quick in the ass :)

laurent laffont
To migrate a whole repository from SqueakSource to SmalltalkHub, here's how I've done (maybe there's a better way):

Gofer it
squeaksource: 'ProfStef';
package: 'ProfStef-Core';
package: 'ProfStef-Help';
package: 'ProfStef-Tests';
fetch.

Gofer it
url: 'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/LaurentLaffont/ProfStef/main' username: 'LaurentLaffont' password: 'mysecretpassword';
package: 'ProfStef-Core';
package: 'ProfStef-Help';
package: 'ProfStef-Tests';
push.

Laurent

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 11:23 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi guys

Nicolas released internally a new version of smalltalkhub and everyday he finds a good reason not to announce it.
So please do us a favor… create some projects and push your code there so that nicolas gets the feel
of a alive and kicking smalltalkhub :)

Re: Smalltalkhub needs your quick in the ass :)

Igor Stasenko
I wanted to migrate all my projects to smalltalk hub long ago.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.

Re: Smalltalkhub needs your quick in the ass :)

kilon
any link for us noobs ?

Re: Smalltalkhub needs your quick in the ass :)

NorbertHartl

Am 15.05.2012 um 23:23 schrieb Stéphane Ducasse:

> Hi guys
>
> Nicolas released internally a new version of smalltalkhub and everyday he finds a good reason not to announce it.
> So please do us a favor… create some projects and push your code there so that nicolas gets the feel
> of a alive and kicking smalltalkhub :)

How should it be alive is there wasn't a single announcement that it is supposed to be used?

Norbert

Re: Smalltalkhub needs your quick in the ass :)

NorbertHartl
Is there an issue tracker for smalltalkhub?

help and news link at the top are dead!

Norbert

Am 15.05.2012 um 23:23 schrieb Stéphane Ducasse:

> Hi guys
>
> Nicolas released internally a new version of smalltalkhub and everyday he finds a good reason not to announce it.
> So please do us a favor… create some projects and push your code there so that nicolas gets the feel
> of a alive and kicking smalltalkhub :)
>
> Stef

Re: Smalltalkhub needs your quick in the ass :)

laurent laffont
http://smalltalkhub.com

Laurent

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 9:43 AM, dimitris chloupis <[hidden email]> wrote:
any link for us noobs ?

Re: Smalltalkhub needs your quick in the ass :)

NorbertHartl

Am 15.05.2012 um 23:23 schrieb Stéphane Ducasse:

> Hi guys
>
> Nicolas released internally a new version of smalltalkhub and everyday he finds a good reason not to announce it.
> So please do us a favor… create some projects and push your code there so that nicolas gets the feel
> of a alive and kicking smalltalkhub :)

I think the core functionality is usable. But the whole site is not welcoming. The start page should be a site overall dashboard that shows a summary of the current activity. More important even is a working search. At the moment you just get a javascript alert window. It is just impossible to find another project at the moment. So I don't even know if there are any :)
Just try to go to the site without an account and try to find/do anything.

Norbert

Re: Smalltalkhub needs your quick in the ass :)

kilon
I will have to agree with you, the site does not even mentions what it does . I dont know what it does and the help link does not work. Does not seem useful , assuming there is help to display which I doubt.

Cant say I find it useful.

Am 15.05.2012 um 23:23 schrieb Stéphane Ducasse:

> Hi guys
>
> Nicolas released internally a new version of smalltalkhub and everyday he finds a good reason not to announce it.
> So please do us a favor… create some projects and push your code there so that nicolas gets the feel
> of a alive and kicking smalltalkhub :)

I think the core functionality is usable. But the whole site is not welcoming. The start page should be a site overall dashboard that shows a summary of the current activity. More important even is a working search. At the moment you just get a javascript alert window. It is just impossible to find another project at the moment. So I don't even know if there are any :)
Just try to go to the site without an account and try to find/do anything.

Norbert

Re: Smalltalkhub needs your quick in the ass :)

Daniel Lyons
On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 10:07:03AM +0100, dimitris chloupis wrote:
> I will have to agree with you, the site does not even mentions what
> it does . I dont know what it does and the help link does not
> work. Does not seem useful , assuming there is help to display which
> I doubt.

I did not find it at all unclear. Missing functionality? Yes. But it
looks great to me. I use BitBucket, but the *hub naming convention
ought to convey the purpose even if there is no help page.

In fact I think it's a better name than SqueakSource, since I'm not
all that hot on Squeak and am not likely to test my stuff under it.

Daniel Lyons

Re: Smalltalkhub needs your quick in the ass :)

Stéphane Ducasse
It is always funny to see that we are used to want more without paying.
There is always a tension
        - waiting for smalltalkhub another decade before it is perfect and useless
        - get it now and improve.
I chose.

Thanks ESUG for sponsoring Nicolas' company for the this work.
Thanks Nicolas for the job.

Re: Smalltalkhub needs your quick in the ass :)

jannik laval
+1

Thank you Nicolas.
I begin to migrate my projects.

Jannik

On May 16, 2012, at 20:52 , Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> It is always funny to see that we are used to want more without paying.
> There is always a tension
> - waiting for smalltalkhub another decade before it is perfect and useless
> - get it now and improve.
> I chose.
>
> Thanks ESUG for sponsoring Nicolas' company for the this work.
> Thanks Nicolas for the job.

---
Jannik Laval

Re: Smalltalkhub needs your quick in the ass :)

Bernat Romagosa
Just migrated one of our projects, it looks nice!

However, I miss the code browsing features I saw in the early alpha version some months ago, will we get that in the final one? :)

2012/5/19 jannik.laval <[hidden email]>
+1

Thank you Nicolas.
I begin to migrate my projects.

Jannik

On May 16, 2012, at 20:52 , Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> It is always funny to see that we are used to want more without paying.
> There is always a tension
>       - waiting for smalltalkhub another decade before it is perfect and useless
>       - get it now and improve.
> I chose.
>
> Thanks ESUG for sponsoring Nicolas' company for the this work.
> Thanks Nicolas for the job.

---
Jannik Laval

--