So… what's the status of the StartupPreferences mess for 1.4?

So… what's the status of the StartupPreferences mess for 1.4?

EstebanLM
Hi,

I'm just coming back from a small vacation and want to know what happened with the StartupPreferences issues last days... it is fixed on all platforms?
Can someone confirm it?

Esteban

Re: So… what's the status of the StartupPreferences mess for 1.4?

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
EstebanLM wrote
issues last days... it is fixed on all platforms?
Can someone confirm it?
It works (different lookup rules than 2.0) on Mac... Was StartupPreferences included in the 1st 1.4 release, or will this be a new feature in the summer release?
Cheers,
Sean

Re: So… what's the status of the StartupPreferences mess for 1.4?

EstebanLM
It was present but cancelled on 1.4 because it was broken at some point.
I'm unsure about including it, that's why I want the feedback.

I'm closing summer release now (today), so I would like to be sure :)

Esteban

On Jul 18, 2012, at 2:41 PM, Sean P. DeNigris wrote:

> EstebanLM wrote
>>
>> issues last days... it is fixed on all platforms?
>> Can someone confirm it?
>>

> It works (different lookup rules than 2.0) on Mac... Was StartupPreferences
> included in the 1st 1.4 release, or will this be a new feature in the summer
> release?

Re: So… what's the status of the StartupPreferences mess for 1.4?

Guillermo Polito
I remember that you disabled it because it was failing on windows, wasn't it?

Can someone try it on windowz? Sean, what is the expected lookup in 1.4?

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 3:06 PM, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
It was present but cancelled on 1.4 because it was broken at some point.
I'm unsure about including it, that's why I want the feedback.

I'm closing summer release now (today), so I would like to be sure :)

Esteban

On Jul 18, 2012, at 2:41 PM, Sean P. DeNigris wrote:

> EstebanLM wrote
>>
>> issues last days... it is fixed on all platforms?
>> Can someone confirm it?
>>

> It works (different lookup rules than 2.0) on Mac... Was StartupPreferences
> included in the 1st 1.4 release, or will this be a new feature in the summer
> release?

Re: So… what's the status of the StartupPreferences mess for 1.4?

EstebanLM
it look files like in unix: ~/.config/pharo
in 2.0 it looks them like in mac: ~/Library/Preferences/pharo

Esteban