Soap Webservices for pharo

Guillermo Polito
http://www.mars.dti.ne.jp/~umejava/smalltalk/soapOpera/soapCore.html

So, we have some tasks now:

- put it in squeaksource
- test it in pharo
- build a metacello config
- document it?

Any help is really appreciated, since I don't have too much time.

Cheers,
Guille

Re: Soap Webservices for pharo

Janko Mivšek
Hi guys,

Nice to see that SOA Web Services in Squeak/Pharo is rolling on again.
We really need that, if we want Pharo to be useful in commercial,
specially in so called "enterprisely" world. Those who listen Andreas
Thönne's talk on ESUG, know what I mean.

What we really need on SOA Web Services front:

- WSDL support,
- XML <-> Object mapping.
- Tools

Goal should be a "one-click" use of Web Services. From both client and
server setup. As all Smalltalks support it, except Squeak/Pharo yet not.
Look at excellent VW or VA Smalltlak WebServices suport for inspiration.

Best regards
Janko

--
Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web

Re: Soap Webservices for pharo

Guillermo Polito
A little of progress...

I fixed the underscores assignments, and Preferences references.
I built a first metacello configuration to download this package:

Gofer it
    squeaksource:'MetacelloRepository';
    package:'ConfigurationOfSoapOpera';
    load

ConfigurationOfSoapOpera project lastVersion load

It depends on ConfigurationOfKomHttpServer (Komanche).
I will enhance it in the future to make it depend in the Xml parser in XMLSupport.

By now, in my 1.2 core image the tests are:  134 run, 121 passes, 0 expected failures, 2 failures, 11 errors, 0 unexpected passes.

Cheers!

--
Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web
Smalltalk Web Application Server
http://www.aidaweb.si

Re: Soap Webservices for pharo

cool!

> A little of progress...
>
> I fixed the underscores assignments, and Preferences references.
> I built a first metacello configuration to download this package:
>
> Gofer it
>     squeaksource:'MetacelloRepository';
>     package:'ConfigurationOfSoapOpera';
>     load
>
> ConfigurationOfSoapOpera project lastVersion load
>
> It depends on ConfigurationOfKomHttpServer (Komanche).
> I will enhance it in the future to make it depend in the Xml parser in XMLSupport.
>
> By now, in my 1.2 core image the tests are:  134 run, 121 passes, 0 expected failures, 2 failures, 11 errors, 0 unexpected passes.
>
> Cheers!
>
> 2010/10/4 Janko Mivšek <[hidden email]>
> Hi guys,
>
> Nice to see that SOA Web Services in Squeak/Pharo is rolling on again.
> We really need that, if we want Pharo to be useful in commercial,
> specially in so called "enterprisely" world. Those who listen Andreas
> Thönne's talk on ESUG, know what I mean.
>
> What we really need on SOA Web Services front:
>
> - WSDL support,
> - XML <-> Object mapping.
> - Tools
>
> Goal should be a "one-click" use of Web Services. From both client and
> server setup. As all Smalltalks support it, except Squeak/Pharo yet not.
> Look at excellent VW or VA Smalltlak WebServices suport for inspiration.
>
> Best regards
> Janko
>
> On 04. 10. 2010 16:21, Guillermo Polito wrote:
> > http://www.mars.dti.ne.jp/~umejava/smalltalk/soapOpera/soapCore.html
> >
> > So, we have some tasks now:
> >
> > - put it in squeaksource
> > - test it in pharo
> > - build a metacello config
> > - document it?
> >
> > Any help is really appreciated, since I don't have too much time.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Guille

[ANN] Soap Webservices for pharo

Guillermo Polito
Ok, tests are green (except by one that fails because a particular problem in my machine's dnss, hehe).

I've tested its examples in pharo 1.1 between two images my machine, and it works :).

To download it:

Gofer it
    squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
    package: 'ConfigurationOfSoapOpera';
    load.

ConfigurationOfSoapOpera project lastVersion load

To use it, look at the examples in the code and the doc in: http://www.mars.dti.ne.jp/~umejava/smalltalk/soapOpera/index.html.

Sleepy cheers :D,
Guille

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 1:02 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
cool!

> A little of progress...
>
> I fixed the underscores assignments, and Preferences references.
> I built a first metacello configuration to download this package:
>
> Gofer it
>     squeaksource:'MetacelloRepository';
>     package:'ConfigurationOfSoapOpera';
>     load
>
> ConfigurationOfSoapOpera project lastVersion load
>
> It depends on ConfigurationOfKomHttpServer (Komanche).
> I will enhance it in the future to make it depend in the Xml parser in XMLSupport.
>
> By now, in my 1.2 core image the tests are:  134 run, 121 passes, 0 expected failures, 2 failures, 11 errors, 0 unexpected passes.
>
> Cheers!
>
> 2010/10/4 Janko Mivšek <[hidden email]>
> Hi guys,
>
> Nice to see that SOA Web Services in Squeak/Pharo is rolling on again.
> We really need that, if we want Pharo to be useful in commercial,
> specially in so called "enterprisely" world. Those who listen Andreas
> Thönne's talk on ESUG, know what I mean.
>
> What we really need on SOA Web Services front:
>
> - WSDL support,
> - XML <-> Object mapping.
> - Tools
>
> Goal should be a "one-click" use of Web Services. From both client and
> server setup. As all Smalltalks support it, except Squeak/Pharo yet not.
> Look at excellent VW or VA Smalltlak WebServices suport for inspiration.
>
> Best regards
> Janko
>
> On 04. 10. 2010 16:21, Guillermo Polito wrote:
> > http://www.mars.dti.ne.jp/~umejava/smalltalk/soapOpera/soapCore.html
> >
> > So, we have some tasks now:
> >
> > - put it in squeaksource
> > - test it in pharo
> > - build a metacello config
> > - document it?
> >
> > Any help is really appreciated, since I don't have too much time.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Guille

Re: [ANN] Soap Webservices for pharo

thanks guillermo

May be it would be good to have a chapter on the collaboatve book?

Stef

EstebanLM
cool :)

On 2010-10-09 03:30:52 -0300, Guillermo Polito
<[hidden email]> said:

> Ok, tests are green (except by one that fails because a particular problem
> in my machine's dnss, hehe).
>
> I've tested its examples in pharo 1.1 between two images my machine, and it
> works :).
>
> To download it:
>
> Gofer it
>     squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
>     package: 'ConfigurationOfSoapOpera';
>     load.
>
> ConfigurationOfSoapOpera project lastVersion load
>
> To use it, look at the examples in the code and the doc in:
> http://www.mars.dti.ne.jp/~umejava/smalltalk/soapOpera/index.html.
>

> Sleepy cheers :D,
> Guille
>
> On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 1:02 PM, St=C3=A9phane Ducasse
> <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> cool!
>>
>>> A little of progress...
>>>
>>> I fixed the underscores assignments, and Preferences references.
>>> I built a first metacello configuration to download this package:
>>>
>>> Gofer it
>>> squeaksource:'MetacelloRepository';
>>> package:'ConfigurationOfSoapOpera';
>>> load
>>>
>>> ConfigurationOfSoapOpera project lastVersion load
>>>
>>> It depends on ConfigurationOfKomHttpServer (Komanche).
>>> I will enhance it in the future to make it depend in the Xml parser in
>> XMLSupport.
>>>
>>> By now, in my 1.2 core image the tests are:  134 run, 121 passes, 0
>> expected failures, 2 failures, 11 errors, 0 unexpected passes.
>>>
>>> Cheers!
>>>
>>> 2010/10/4 Janko Miv=C5=A1ek
>>> <[hidden email]>
>>> Hi guys,
>>>
>>> Nice to see that SOA Web Services in Squeak/Pharo is rolling on again.
>>> We really need that, if we want Pharo to be useful in commercial,
>>> specially in so called "enterprisely" world. Those who listen Andreas
>>> Th=C3=B6nne's talk on ESUG, know what I mean.
>>>
>>> What we really need on SOA Web Services front:
>>>
>>> - WSDL support,
>>> - XML <-> Object mapping.
>>> - Tools
>>>
>>> Goal should be a "one-click" use of Web Services. From both client and
>>> server setup. As all Smalltalks support it, except Squeak/Pharo yet not=
> .
>>> Look at excellent VW or VA Smalltlak WebServices suport for inspiration=
> .
>>>
>>> Best regards
>>> Janko

> http://www.mars.dti.ne.jp/%7Eumejava/smalltalk/soapOpera/soapCore.html>

/span>

> [...]
> &gt; =C2=A0 =C2=A0 squeaksource:&#39;MetacelloRepository&#39;;<br>
> &gt; =C2=A0 =C2=A0 package:&#39;ConfigurationOfSoapOpera&#39;;<br>
> &gt; =C2=A0 =C2=A0 load<br>
> &gt;<br>
> &gt; ConfigurationOfSoapOpera project lastVersion load<br>
> &gt;<br>
> &gt; It depends on ConfigurationOfKomHttpServer (Komanche).<br>
> &gt; I will enhance it in the future to make it depend in the Xml parser in=
>  XMLSupport.<br>
> &gt;<br>
> &gt; By now, in my 1.2 core image the tests are: =C2=A0134 run, 121 passes,=
>  0 expected failures, 2 failures, 11 errors, 0 unexpected passes.<br>
> &gt;<br>
> &gt; Cheers!<br>
> &gt;<br>
> &gt; 2010/10/4 Janko Miv=C5=A1ek &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:janko.mivsek@eranova=
> .si">[hidden email]</a>&gt;<br>
> &gt;<br>
> &gt; Nice to see that SOA Web Services in Squeak/Pharo is rolling on again.=
> &gt; We really need that, if we want Pharo to be useful in commercial,<br>
> &gt; specially in so called &quot;enterprisely&quot; world. Those who liste=
> n Andreas<br>
> &gt; Th=C3=B6nne&#39;s talk on ESUG, know what I mean.<br>
> &gt;<br>
> &gt; What we really need on SOA Web Services front:<br>
> &gt;<br>
> &gt; - WSDL support,<br>
> &gt; - XML &lt;-&gt; Object mapping.<br>
> &gt; - Tools<br>
> &gt;<br>
> &gt; Goal should be a &quot;one-click&quot; use of Web Services. From both =
> client and<br>
> &gt; server setup. As all Smalltalks support it, except Squeak/Pharo yet no=
> t.<br>
> &gt; Look at excellent VW or VA Smalltlak WebServices suport for inspiratio=
> n.<br>
> &gt;<br>
> &gt; Best regards<br>
> &gt; Janko<br>
> &gt;<br>
> &gt; On 04. 10. 2010 16:21, Guillermo Polito wrote:<br>
> &gt; &gt; <a href=3D"http://www.mars.dti.ne.jp/%7Eumejava/smalltalk/soapOpe=
> ra/soapCore.html" target=3D"_blank">http://www.mars.dti.ne.jp/~umejava/smal=
> ltalk/soapOpera/soapCore.html</a><br>
> &gt; &gt;<br>
> &gt; &gt; So, we have some tasks now:<br>
> &gt; &gt;<br>
> &gt; &gt; - put it in squeaksource<br>
> &gt; &gt; - test it in pharo<br>
> &gt; &gt; - build a metacello config<br>
> &gt; &gt; - document it?<br>
> &gt; &gt;<br>
> &gt; &gt; Any help is really appreciated, since I don&#39;t have too much t=
> ime.<br>
> &gt; &gt;<br>
> &gt; &gt; Cheers,<br>
> &gt; &gt; Guille<br>
> &gt; &gt;<br>
> &gt; &gt; ---------- Forwarded message ----------<br>
> &gt; &gt; From: *Masashi Umezawa* &lt;<a
.dti.ne.jp</a>&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;

> &gt; Date: Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 8:46 AM<br>
> &gt; &gt; Subject: Re: About SoapOpera and SoapCore<br>
> &gt; &gt; To: Guillermo Polito &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:guillermopolito@gmail.=
> com">[hidden email]</a><br>
> &gt; &gt; &lt;mailto:<a
> href=3D"mailto:[hidden email]">guillermo=
[hidden email]</a>&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;

> &gt;<br>
> &gt; &gt;<br>
> &gt; &gt; Hi Guillermo,<br>
> &gt; &gt;<br>
> &gt; &gt; I am happy to hear that SoapOpera and SoapCore would be useful fo=
> r your<br>
> &gt; &gt; projects. Please feel free to reuse my Soap stuff.<br>
> &gt; &gt; Recently I do not have enough time to upgrade those packages. So =
> I<br>
> &gt; &gt; really appreciate your offer.<br>
> &gt; &gt;<br>
> &gt; &gt; I hope SoapOpera and SoapCore will start growing again!<br>
> &gt; &gt;<br>
> &gt; &gt; Best regards,<br>
> &gt; &gt;<br>
> &gt; &gt; Guillermo Polito &lt;<a
> href=3D"mailto:[hidden email]"=
>> [hidden email]</a><br>
> &gt; &gt; &lt;mailto:<a
> href=3D"mailto:[hidden email]">guillermo=
[hidden email]</a>&gt;&gt;

> wrote:<br>
> &gt; &gt;&gt; Hi!<br>
> &gt; &gt;&gt;<br>
> &gt; &gt;&gt; My name&#39;s Guillermo and I&#39;m from Argentina. =C2=A0I&#=
> 39;m participating in the<br>
> &gt; &gt; pharo<br>
> &gt; &gt;&gt; project (<a href=3D"http://www.pharo-project.org" target=3D"_=
> blank">www.pharo-project.org</a> &lt;<a href=3D"http://www.pharo-project.or=
> g" target=3D"_blank">http://www.pharo-project.org</a>&gt;), and I<br>
> &gt; &gt; would love to integrate your soap<br>
> &gt; &gt;&gt; package into our available packages :).<br>
> &gt; &gt;&gt; I was wandering if you let us put it into squeaksource<br>
> &gt; &gt; (<a href=3D"http://www.squeaksource.com" target=3D"_blank">www.sq=
> ueaksource.com</a> &lt;<a href=3D"http://www.squeaksource.com" target=3D"_b=
> lank">http://www.squeaksource.com</a>&gt;)<br>
> &gt; &gt;&gt; and mantain it for our use, because pharo is growing very qui=
> ckly and it<br>
> &gt; &gt;&gt; needs this kind of really cool stuff :). =C2=A0Of course we w=
> ill keep the MIT<br>
> &gt; &gt;&gt; license.<br>
> &gt; &gt;&gt;<br>
> &gt; &gt;&gt; Thank you for your time and sorry for bothering :P!<br>
> &gt; &gt;&gt; Guille<br>
> &gt; &gt;<br>
> &gt; &gt; ---<br>
> &gt; &gt; [:masashi | ^umezawa]<br>
> &gt;<br>
> &gt;<br>
> &gt; --<br>
> &gt; Janko Miv=C5=A1ek<br>
> &gt; AIDA/Web<br>
> &gt; Smalltalk Web Application Server<br>
> &gt; <a href=3D"http://www.aidaweb.si" target=3D"_blank">http://www.aidaweb=
> .si</a><br>
> &gt;<br>
> &gt; Pharo-project mailing list<br>