Socket(Object)>>primitiveFailed

garduino
Hi:

I'm trying to start an image in the form "completepath/vmname
completpath/imagename completpath/startupscript arg1" were arg1 is the
a port number to start WAKom.

As not worked headless I tried showing the main Squeak window and I
get the subject error with not much more info. I researched the lists
but not found nothing related.

I'm using "Squeak 4.1.1beta2U.app" with a 3.10.2 image running on Mac
OS X Server 10.5.5. I tried on a linux box with a unix vm and get the
same error at socket level (Socket>>listenOn: /
TcpListener>>pvtOldListenLoop:).

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

--
Germán S. Arduino
http://www.arsol.biz

Re: Socket(Object)>>primitiveFailed

Diogenes Moreira
Hi German

Are you sure what port is free?, that is the tipical error when the
port is used by other process..

In Addition, We are start the image with the port in the script like
this

WAKomEncoded stop.
WAKomEncoded startOn: 8080.

Im not sure if VM manage more parameters then tipicals.

Best Regards

Diógenes A. Moreira
www.smallworks.com.ar
[hidden email]
skype: diogenes.moreira

El 08/08/2009, a las 13:36, Germán Arduino escribió:

> Hi:
>
> I'm trying to start an image in the form "completepath/vmname
> completpath/imagename completpath/startupscript arg1" were arg1 is the
> a port number to start WAKom.
>
> As not worked headless I tried showing the main Squeak window and I
> get the subject error with not much more info. I researched the lists
> but not found nothing related.
>
> I'm using "Squeak 4.1.1beta2U.app" with a 3.10.2 image running on Mac
> OS X Server 10.5.5. I tried on a linux box with a unix vm and get the
> same error at socket level (Socket>>listenOn: /
> TcpListener>>pvtOldListenLoop:).
>
> Any help will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
>

> --
> Germán S. Arduino
> http://www.arsol.biz
> http://www.arsol.net

Re: Socket(Object)>>primitiveFailed

garduino
Hi Diógenes:

Yes, the port is free.

My script only read the port, as follow:

| port |
port := SmalltalkImage current getSystemAttribute: 3.
WAKom stop.

WAKom startOn: port.

The script will be more complex in the future, now is at this way only
to try if works.

Cheers.

2009/8/8 Diogenes Alberto Moreira <[hidden email]>:

> Hi German
>
> Are you sure what port is free?, that is the tipical error when the port is
> used by other process..
>
> In Addition, We are start the image with the port in the script like this
>

> WAKomEncoded stop.
> WAKomEncoded startOn: 8080.
>
> Im not sure if VM manage more parameters then tipicals.
>
> Best Regards
>

> Diógenes A. Moreira
> www.smallworks.com.ar
> [hidden email]
> skype: diogenes.moreira
>

> El 08/08/2009, a las 13:36, Germán Arduino escribió:
>
>> Hi:
>>
>> I'm trying to start an image in the form "completepath/vmname
>> completpath/imagename completpath/startupscript arg1" were arg1 is the
>> a port number to start WAKom.
>>
>> As not worked headless I tried showing the main Squeak window and I
>> get the subject error with not much more info. I researched the lists
>> but not found nothing related.
>>
>> I'm using "Squeak 4.1.1beta2U.app" with a 3.10.2 image running on Mac
>> OS X Server 10.5.5. I tried on a linux box with a unix vm and get the
>> same error at socket level (Socket>>listenOn: /
>> TcpListener>>pvtOldListenLoop:).
>>
>> Any help will be appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

>> --
>> Germán S. Arduino
>> http://www.arsol.biz
>> http://www.arsol.net

Re: Socket(Object)>>primitiveFailed

garduino
Trying a bit more on Linux and debugging, the error is a bit different:

Socket(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #waitForConnectionUntil:

On the debugger, on TcpListener I can see that port is ok, and the
handler is "seaside [running] port: 8888", the port that I passed,
but.....the image don't respond on such port. And the debugger is here
:(

See you.

2009/8/8 Germán Arduino <[hidden email]>:

> Hi Diógenes:
>
> Yes, the port is free.
>
> My script only read the port, as follow:
>
> | port |
> port := SmalltalkImage current getSystemAttribute: 3.
> WAKom stop.
>
> WAKom startOn: port.
>
> The script will be more complex in the future, now is at this way only
> to try if works.
>
> Cheers.
>

> 2009/8/8 Diogenes Alberto Moreira <[hidden email]>:
>> Hi German
>>
>> Are you sure what port is free?, that is the tipical error when the port is
>> used by other process..
>>
>> In Addition, We are start the image with the port in the script like this
>>

>> WAKomEncoded stop.
>> WAKomEncoded startOn: 8080.
>>
>> Im not sure if VM manage more parameters then tipicals.
>>
>> Best Regards
>>

>> Diógenes A. Moreira
>> www.smallworks.com.ar
>> [hidden email]
>> skype: diogenes.moreira
>>

>> El 08/08/2009, a las 13:36, Germán Arduino escribió:
>>
>>> Hi:
>>>
>>> I'm trying to start an image in the form "completepath/vmname
>>> completpath/imagename completpath/startupscript arg1" were arg1 is the
>>> a port number to start WAKom.
>>>
>>> As not worked headless I tried showing the main Squeak window and I
>>> get the subject error with not much more info. I researched the lists
>>> but not found nothing related.
>>>
>>> I'm using "Squeak 4.1.1beta2U.app" with a 3.10.2 image running on Mac
>>> OS X Server 10.5.5. I tried on a linux box with a unix vm and get the
>>> same error at socket level (Socket>>listenOn: /
>>> TcpListener>>pvtOldListenLoop:).
>>>
>>> Any help will be appreciated.
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>

>>> --
>>> Germán S. Arduino
>>> http://www.arsol.biz
>>> http://www.arsol.net

Re: Socket(Object)>>primitiveFailed

johnmci
Btw the Squeak 4.1.1beta2U.app and the Unix version of Squeak.app  use
the same source code for the virtual machine
Unix Socket support since both systems are Unix *like* operating
systems, so you shouldn't find a difference in behaviour
at the primitive layer.

But given you get "Socket(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand:
#waitForConnectionUntil:"
where did the image & VM come from?

On 8-Aug-09, at 9:36 AM, Germán Arduino wrote:

> I'm using "Squeak 4.1.1beta2U.app" with a 3.10.2 image running on Mac
> OS X Server 10.5.5. I tried on a linux box with a unix vm and get the
> same error at socket level (Socket>>listenOn: /
> TcpListener>>pvtOldListenLoop:)

--
=
=

Re: Socket(Object)>>primitiveFailed

garduino
Hi John:

The image is the same in both cases (a 3.10.2 that I use to develop. I
installed seaside and friends and a few dev tools packages).

The MAC vm is the version I mentioned (downloaded from your page I
think) and the Linux version is Squeak-3.10-6.i686-pc-linux-gnu.tar.gz
 (from http://www.squeakvm.org/unix/).

Cheers.