Sockets - EINVAL (22): Invalid argument

Santiago Cardoso Geller-3
Hi. I'm trying to test EMan on AIX from a headless image, but I can't solve this problem.
When OcEMSMTP>>#connectFor: tries to create the socket doing
self socketManager getHostByName: self hostName answers an SciError an signals an ExError. I'm not sure what could it be.
I tried reducing a simpler image, just doing: Transcript cr; show: ((SciSocketManager default getHostByName: 'servername_here') name) but the same error happens.

Does anyone know what application should I include?

Thanks,
Santiago

VASmalltalk 8.6.1
AIX 6.1

Re: Sockets - EINVAL (22): Invalid argument

Marten Feldtmann-4
That means, that

SciSocketManager default getHostByName: 'www.google.com'

fails ?

Re: Sockets - EINVAL (22): Invalid argument

Brad Selfridge
It means that you are either missing a pre-requisite in your runtime image or you do not have the proper socket binary in your path.

Brad Selfridge
913-269-2385

On Nov 25, 2015, at 4:54 PM, Santiago Cardoso Geller <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Marten. Yes, it fails but only from a headless image for AIX. From the development image or runtime under windows it works fine.

That means, that

SciSocketManager default getHostByName: 'www.google.com'

fails ?

Brad Selfridge

Re: Sockets - EINVAL (22): Invalid argument

Bob Brodd
Hi Santiago,

I am sorry to say that this is a bug in the AIX code base.  We discovered this problem during our testing for the upcoming 8.6.2 release, but did not have time to figure out the problem before code cutoff.  We have opened up case #58983 to track this problem.

Thanks,
Bob Brodd