classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Solved] Pharo image corruption and fatal VM error with Roassal

Blondeau Vincent
Solved !

You will found the changes in the attached .mcz.

I added some sessions guards where some Athens external objects are used.  Stef you were right ;)
Particularly for checking the IV TRCanvas>>canvas and on TRShape>>path that relies on Athens external objects.

It seems to works for me. If it is the case for you, it we be nice to integrate it quickly to be able to work fine :)

Thanks

Vincent

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Pharo-dev [mailto:[hidden email]] De la part de stepharo
Envoyé : jeudi 31 juillet 2014 22:58
À : Pharo Development List
Objet : Re: [Pharo-dev] [Moose-dev] Pharo image corruption and fatal VM error with Roassal

Alexandre

may be you should try to understand what is a session.
Because this is about 2 lines of code.

When you open an image you save 2 min ago or 2 years ago, how the system knows that an OS ressources is valid?
By checking the session id...

Stef

On 31/7/14 16:09, Alexandre Bergel wrote:

> Yes, and this is a mess.
> I've spent quite some time in getting the session working with Roassal2 and it still does not work. I would appreciate help on this.
>
> Alexandre
>
>
> On Jul 31, 2014, at 8:58 AM, Nicolai Hess <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> It looks like Trachel does not recreate athens external resources.
>> There is an example in AthensSceneView, on how to check and reload an
>> AthensSurface.
>>
>>
>> 2014-07-31 12:51 GMT+02:00 Usman Bhatti <[hidden email]>:
>>
>>
>>
>> On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 11:17 AM, Blondeau Vincent <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Yes it is. But I will not do
>>
>> TRMorph allInstances do: #delete
>>
>> In command line every day...
>>
>>
>> It is only intended to recover your lost work in the image not for everyday use :).
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> Vincent
>>
>>
>>
>> De : Pharo-dev [mailto:[hidden email]] De la part
>> de Usman Bhatti Envoyé : jeudi 31 juillet 2014 10:59 À : Pharo
>> Development List Cc : Moose-related development
>>
>>
>> Objet : Re: [Pharo-dev] Pharo image corruption and fatal VM error
>> with Roassal
>>
>>
>>
>> This may be related to this known issue reported a few days back.
>>
>> https://code.google.com/p/moose-technology/issues/detail?id=1084
>>
>>
>>
>> And there is a possible solution to recover your image.
>>
>>
>>
>> usman
>>
>>
>>
>> On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 10:50 AM, Blondeau Vincent <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>>
>>
>> Yesterday, I was using GraphET (a part of Roassal) to do some charts and, today, when I wanted to reopen the image.
>>
>> And I got that :
>>
>> <image001.png>
>>
>> It is *very* unpleasant...
>>
>>
>>
>> To reproduce the bug:
>>
>> 1 - You can do either:
>>
>>                                  | builder |
>>
>>                                  builder := GET2Line data: (0 to: 100) .
>>
>>                                  builder
>>
>>                                                  y: [ :x | x*x ].
>>
>>
>>
>>                                  builder open.
>>
>> Or
>>
>> WorldMenu -> Roassal examples -> choose an item -> click on a graph . A TRMorph should be opened.
>>
>> 2 - don't close the graph and save the pharo image.
>>
>> 3 - Close the pharo image
>>
>> 4 - Reopen it
>>
>>
>>
>> I am under W7 x64 with the latest moose image and the VM available on the pharo.org website (http://files.pharo.org/platform/Pharo3.0-win.zip) from the 10 july.
>>
>> You will find the crash dump attached.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> Thankfully, I managed to open the image with a latest VM (http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM/VM.r3056/cogwin-14.29.3056.zip).
>>
>> Thanks a lot Eliot ! :)
>>
>>
>>
>> And I got this:
>>
>> <image002.png>
>>
>>
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>>
>>
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Vincent BLONDEAU
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> Ce message et les pièces jointes sont confidentiels et réservés à l'usage exclusif de ses destinataires. Il peut également être protégé par le secret professionnel. Si vous recevez ce message par erreur, merci d'en avertir immédiatement l'expéditeur et de le détruire. L'intégrité du message ne pouvant être assurée sur Internet, la responsabilité de Worldline ne pourra être recherchée quant au contenu de ce message. Bien que les meilleurs efforts soient faits pour maintenir cette transmission exempte de tout virus, l'expéditeur ne donne aucune garantie à cet égard et sa responsabilité ne saurait être recherchée pour tout dommage résultant d'un virus transmis.
>>
>> This e-mail and the documents attached are confidential and intended solely for the addressee; it may also be privileged. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy it. As its integrity cannot be secured on the Internet, the Worldline liability cannot be triggered for the message content. Although the sender endeavours to maintain a computer virus-free network, the sender does not warrant that this transmission is virus-free and will not be liable for any damages resulting from any virus transmitted.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> Ce message et les pièces jointes sont confidentiels et réservés à l'usage exclusif de ses destinataires. Il peut également être protégé par le secret professionnel. Si vous recevez ce message par erreur, merci d'en avertir immédiatement l'expéditeur et de le détruire. L'intégrité du message ne pouvant être assurée sur Internet, la responsabilité de Worldline ne pourra être recherchée quant au contenu de ce message. Bien que les meilleurs efforts soient faits pour maintenir cette transmission exempte de tout virus, l'expéditeur ne donne aucune garantie à cet égard et sa responsabilité ne saurait être recherchée pour tout dommage résultant d'un virus transmis.
>>
>> This e-mail and the documents attached are confidential and intended solely for the addressee; it may also be privileged. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy it. As its integrity cannot be secured on the Internet, the Worldline liability cannot be triggered for the message content. Although the sender endeavours to maintain a computer virus-free network, the sender does not warrant that this transmission is virus-free and will not be liable for any damages resulting from any virus transmitted.
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Moose-dev mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> https://www.iam.unibe.ch/mailman/listinfo/moose-dev

Ce message et les pièces jointes sont confidentiels et réservés à l'usage exclusif de ses destinataires. Il peut également être protégé par le secret professionnel. Si vous recevez ce message par erreur, merci d'en avertir immédiatement l'expéditeur et de le détruire. L'intégrité du message ne pouvant être assurée sur Internet, la responsabilité de Worldline ne pourra être recherchée quant au contenu de ce message. Bien que les meilleurs efforts soient faits pour maintenir cette transmission exempte de tout virus, l'expéditeur ne donne aucune garantie à cet égard et sa responsabilité ne saurait être recherchée pour tout dommage résultant d'un virus transmis.

This e-mail and the documents attached are confidential and intended solely for the addressee; it may also be privileged. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy it. As its integrity cannot be secured on the Internet, the Worldline liability cannot be triggered for the message content. Although the sender endeavours to maintain a computer virus-free network, the sender does not warrant that this transmission is virus-free and will not be liable for any damages resulting from any virus transmitted.

Trachel-VincentBlondeau.180.mcz (123K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: [Solved] Pharo image corruption and fatal VM error with Roassal

abergel
Thanks Vincent!
It seems to work well.

Included in Roassal!

Alexandre
-- 
_,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:
Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu
^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;.

On Aug 6, 2014, at 12:29 PM, Blondeau Vincent <[hidden email]> wrote:

Solved !

I added some sessions guards where some Athens external objects are used.  Stef you were right ;)
Particularly for checking the IV TRCanvas>>canvas and on TRShape>>path that relies on Athens external objects.

It seems to works for me. If it is the case for you, it we be nice to integrate it quickly to be able to work fine :)

Thanks

Vincent

De : Pharo-dev [[hidden email]] De la part de stepharo
Objet : Re: [Pharo-dev] [Moose-dev] Pharo image corruption and fatal VM error with Roassal

Alexandre

When you open an image you save 2 min ago or 2 years ago, how the system knows that an OS ressources is valid?

Stef

Yes, and this is a mess.
I've spent quite some time in getting the session working with Roassal2 and it still does not work. I would appreciate help on this.

Alexandre

On Jul 31, 2014, at 8:58 AM, Nicolai Hess <[hidden email]> wrote:

It looks like Trachel does not recreate athens external resources.
There is an example in AthensSceneView, on how to check and reload an
AthensSurface.

2014-07-31 12:51 GMT+02:00 Usman Bhatti <[hidden email]>:

On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 11:17 AM, Blondeau Vincent <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yes it is. But I will not do

TRMorph allInstances do: #delete

In command line every day...

It is only intended to recover your lost work in the image not for everyday use :).

Vincent

De : Pharo-dev [[hidden email]] De la part
de Usman Bhatti Envoyé : jeudi 31 juillet 2014 10:59 À : Pharo
Development List Cc : Moose-related development

Objet : Re: [Pharo-dev] Pharo image corruption and fatal VM error
with Roassal

This may be related to this known issue reported a few days back.

https://code.google.com/p/moose-technology/issues/detail?id=1084

And there is a possible solution to recover your image.

usman

On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 10:50 AM, Blondeau Vincent <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

Yesterday, I was using GraphET (a part of Roassal) to do some charts and, today, when I wanted to reopen the image.

And I got that :

<image001.png>

It is *very* unpleasant...

To reproduce the bug:

1 - You can do either:

| builder |

builder := GET2Line data: (0 to: 100) .

builder

y: [ :x | x*x ].

builder open.

Or

WorldMenu -> Roassal examples -> choose an item -> click on a graph . A TRMorph should be opened.

2 - don't close the graph and save the pharo image.

3 - Close the pharo image

4 - Reopen it

I am under W7 x64 with the latest moose image and the VM available on the pharo.org website (http://files.pharo.org/platform/Pharo3.0-win.zip) from the 10 july.

You will find the crash dump attached.

Thankfully, I managed to open the image with a latest VM (http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM/VM.r3056/cogwin-14.29.3056.zip).

Thanks a lot Eliot ! :)

And I got this:

<image002.png>

Thanks in advance

Cheers,

Vincent BLONDEAU

Ce message et les pièces jointes sont confidentiels et réservés à l'usage exclusif de ses destinataires. Il peut également être protégé par le secret professionnel. Si vous recevez ce message par erreur, merci d'en avertir immédiatement l'expéditeur et de le détruire. L'intégrité du message ne pouvant être assurée sur Internet, la responsabilité de Worldline ne pourra être recherchée quant au contenu de ce message. Bien que les meilleurs efforts soient faits pour maintenir cette transmission exempte de tout virus, l'expéditeur ne donne aucune garantie à cet égard et sa responsabilité ne saurait être recherchée pour tout dommage résultant d'un virus transmis.

This e-mail and the documents attached are confidential and intended solely for the addressee; it may also be privileged. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy it. As its integrity cannot be secured on the Internet, the Worldline liability cannot be triggered for the message content. Although the sender endeavours to maintain a computer virus-free network, the sender does not warrant that this transmission is virus-free and will not be liable for any damages resulting from any virus transmitted.

<Trachel-VincentBlondeau.180.mcz>_______________________________________________
Moose-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://www.iam.unibe.ch/mailman/listinfo/moose-dev

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: [Pharo-dev] [Solved] Pharo image corruption and fatal VM error with Roassal

Nicolai Hess
In the solution I posted on the list, only TRCanvas holds the session and if
it changes all attached Shapes resets its path.

2014-08-06 21:43 GMT+02:00 Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]>:
Thanks Vincent!
It seems to work well.

Included in Roassal!

Alexandre
-- 

Solved !

Thanks

Vincent

Alexandre

Stef

Yes, and this is a mess.
I've spent quite some time in getting the session working with Roassal2 and it still does not work. I would appreciate help on this.

Alexandre

AthensSurface.

It is only intended to recover your lost work in the image not for everyday use :).

Vincent

with Roassal

usman

Hi,

Yesterday, I was using GraphET (a part of Roassal) to do some charts and, today, when I wanted to reopen the image.

And I got that :

<image001.png>

To reproduce the bug:

1 - You can do either:

| builder |

builder

builder open.

Or

WorldMenu -> Roassal examples -> choose an item -> click on a graph . A TRMorph should be opened.

4 - Reopen it

I am under W7 x64 with the latest moose image and the VM available on the pharo.org website (http://files.pharo.org/platform/Pharo3.0-win.zip) from the 10 july.

Thankfully, I managed to open the image with a latest VM (http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM/VM.r3056/cogwin-14.29.3056.zip).

And I got this:

<image002.png>

Thanks in advance

Cheers,

Vincent BLONDEAU

<Trachel-VincentBlondeau.180.mcz>_______________________________________________

Reply | Threaded
|

Blondeau Vincent
In reply to this post by abergel

Hi Alexandre,

The patch doesn’t seems to be commited in Roassal2 repo…

Vincent

De : Pharo-dev [mailto:[hidden email]] De la part de Alexandre Bergel
Envoyé : mercredi 6 août 2014 21:44
À : Moose-related development
Cc : Pharo Development List
Objet : Re: [Pharo-dev] [Moose-dev] [Solved] Pharo image corruption and fatal VM error with Roassal

Thanks Vincent!

It seems to work well.

Included in Roassal!

Alexandre

-- 

Solved !

Thanks

Vincent

Alexandre

Stef

Yes, and this is a mess.

Alexandre

AthensSurface.

Vincent

with Roassal

usman

Hi,

And I got that :

<image001.png>

To reproduce the bug:

1 - You can do either:

| builder |

builder

builder open.

Or

4 - Reopen it

And I got this:

<image002.png>

Thanks in advance

Cheers,

Vincent BLONDEAU

Moose-dev mailing list
[hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
|

abergel
Your version had been merged. But your .mcz was not in the repo. Now it is.
Sorry about that.

Cheers,
Alexandre
-- 

On Aug 7, 2014, at 9:31 AM, Blondeau Vincent <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Alexandre,

The patch doesn’t seems to be commited in Roassal2 repo…

Vincent

De : Pharo-dev [[hidden email]] De la part de Alexandre Bergel
Envoyé : mercredi 6 août 2014 21:44
À : Moose-related development
Cc : Pharo Development List
Objet : Re: [Pharo-dev] [Moose-dev] [Solved] Pharo image corruption and fatal VM error with Roassal

Thanks Vincent!
It seems to work well.

Included in Roassal!

Alexandre
-- 

Solved !

Thanks

Vincent

Alexandre

Stef

Yes, and this is a mess.

Alexandre

AthensSurface.

Vincent

with Roassal

usman

Hi,

And I got that :

<image001.png>

To reproduce the bug:

1 - You can do either:

| builder |

builder

builder open.

Or

4 - Reopen it

I am under W7 x64 with the latest moose image and the VM available on the pharo.org website (http://files.pharo.org/platform/Pharo3.0-win.zip) from the 10 july.

And I got this:

<image002.png>

Thanks in advance

Cheers,

Vincent BLONDEAU

Moose-dev mailing list
[hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
|

abergel
In reply to this post by Nicolai Hess
Hi Nicolas,

Indeed. But which one works better? Any idea?
I’ve tried the one of Vincent, and I did not spot any problem (but I did not try much neither).

Cheers,
Alexandre
-- 

On Aug 6, 2014, at 5:52 PM, Nicolai Hess <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thanks Vincent!
It seems to work well.

Included in Roassal!

Alexandre
-- 

Solved !

Thanks

Vincent

Alexandre

Stef

Yes, and this is a mess.

Alexandre

AthensSurface.

Vincent

with Roassal

usman

Hi,

And I got that :

<image001.png>

To reproduce the bug:

1 - You can do either:

| builder |

builder

builder open.

Or

4 - Reopen it

And I got this:

<image002.png>

Thanks in advance

Cheers,

Vincent BLONDEAU

Reply | Threaded
|

Nicolai Hess

2014-08-08 16:40 GMT+02:00 Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]>:
Hi Nicolas,

I’ve tried the one of Vincent, and I did not spot any problem (but I did not try much neither).

His version looks safer :)

Cheers,
Alexandre
-- 

Thanks Vincent!
It seems to work well.

Included in Roassal!

Alexandre
-- 

Solved !

Thanks

Vincent

Alexandre

Stef

Yes, and this is a mess.

Alexandre

AthensSurface.

Vincent

with Roassal

usman

Hi,

And I got that :

<image001.png>

To reproduce the bug:

1 - You can do either:

| builder |

builder

builder open.

Or

4 - Reopen it

And I got this:

<image002.png>

Thanks in advance

Cheers,

Vincent BLONDEAU

Reply | Threaded
|

abergel
Ok, thanks for having spent time on this important problem

Cheers,
Alexandre
-- 

On Aug 8, 2014, at 11:21 AM, Nicolai Hess <[hidden email]> wrote:

2014-08-08 16:40 GMT+02:00 Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]>:
Hi Nicolas,

His version looks safer :)

Cheers,
Alexandre
-- 

Thanks Vincent!
It seems to work well.

Included in Roassal!

Alexandre
-- 

Solved !

Thanks

Vincent

Alexandre

Stef

Yes, and this is a mess.

Alexandre

AthensSurface.

Vincent

with Roassal

usman

Hi,

And I got that :

<image001.png>

To reproduce the bug:

1 - You can do either:

| builder |

builder

builder open.

Or

4 - Reopen it

And I got this:

<image002.png>

Thanks in advance

Cheers,

Vincent BLONDEAU

Reply | Threaded
|

Igor Stasenko
In reply to this post by Nicolai Hess
Just use the canvas'es cache. It will ensure that you won't have problems with session.

On 6 August 2014 23:52, Nicolai Hess <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thanks Vincent!
It seems to work well.

Included in Roassal!

Alexandre
-- 

Solved !

Thanks

Vincent

Alexandre

Stef

Yes, and this is a mess.

Alexandre

AthensSurface.

Vincent

with Roassal

usman

Hi,

And I got that :

<image001.png>

To reproduce the bug:

1 - You can do either:

| builder |

builder

builder open.

Or

4 - Reopen it

And I got this:

<image002.png>

Thanks in advance

Cheers,

Vincent BLONDEAU

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.

Reply | Threaded
|

Nicolai Hess
How , what caches ?

2014-08-09 0:37 GMT+02:00 Igor Stasenko <[hidden email]>:
Just use the canvas'es cache. It will ensure that you won't have problems with session.

On 6 August 2014 23:52, Nicolai Hess <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thanks Vincent!
It seems to work well.

Included in Roassal!

Alexandre
-- 

Solved !

Thanks

Vincent

Alexandre

Stef

Yes, and this is a mess.

Alexandre

AthensSurface.

Vincent

with Roassal

usman

Hi,

And I got that :

<image001.png>

To reproduce the bug:

1 - You can do either:

| builder |

builder

builder open.

Or

4 - Reopen it

And I got this:

<image002.png>

Thanks in advance

Cheers,

Vincent BLONDEAU

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.