Some Colors are required

KenDickey
Juan,

I tripped over a bug when (re)setting color dictionaries -- some colors are required by the UI.  E.g. Color transparent.

The attached code makes sure colors with these names exist in the new dictionary.

Please update the base.

Thanks much!
-KenD

Color_class-setColorNamesDict.st (896 bytes) Download Attachment
-KenD

Re: Some Colors are required

Juan Vuletich-4
Thanks Ken,

It is in the update stream now.

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich

On 7/26/2014 1:48 AM, Ken Dickey wrote:

> Juan,
>
> I tripped over a bug when (re)setting color dictionaries -- some colors are required by the UI.  E.g. Color transparent.
>
> The attached code makes sure colors with these names exist in the new dictionary.
>
> Please update the base.
>
> Thanks much!
> -KenD

Inclined lines and arrows

hbalaraman
Folks,

I would like to draw arrows and lines using morphs. In Squeak there appear to LineMorphs (PolygonMophs) for this. Is there the ability to draw inclined lines using the morphs in the Cuis codebase?

Best regards,

Hari

Re: Inclined lines and arrows

KenDickey
On Wed, 13 Aug 2014 23:09:27 -0400
Hari Balaraman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I would like to draw arrows and lines using morphs. In Squeak there appear to LineMorphs (PolygonMophs) for this. Is there the ability to draw inclined lines using the morphs in the Cuis codebase?

I think the short answer is "no".  This is because of simplifications and changes to Morphic.

There is a simple LineMorph in the package at https://github.com/KenDickey/Cuis-Smalltalk-Morphic-Misc1 which may give you some hints on how to do a PolygonMorph.

-KenD

-KenD

Re: Inclined lines and arrows

hbalaraman
Hi Ken,
Thanks very much. I will look into the package. I hope the ability to draw lines (along with other components to help build up irregular UI shapes) will be incorporated in the future.
Best regards,
Hari

> On Aug 14, 2014, at 11:18 AM, Ken Dickey <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On Wed, 13 Aug 2014 23:09:27 -0400
> Hari Balaraman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Folks,
>>
>> I would like to draw arrows and lines using morphs. In Squeak there appear to LineMorphs (PolygonMophs) for this. Is there the ability to draw inclined lines using the morphs in the Cuis codebase?
>
> I think the short answer is "no".  This is because of simplifications and changes to Morphic.
>
> There is a simple LineMorph in the package at https://github.com/KenDickey/Cuis-Smalltalk-Morphic-Misc1 which may give you some hints on how to do a PolygonMorph.
>
> -KenD

Re: Inclined lines and arrows

Juan Vuletich-4
Hi Folks,

As Ken said, Cuis doesn't currently include such morphs. But the
protocol to draw them is there at FormCanvas and you are free to use it.
Check senders to see examples.

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich