Some Community numbers

laza
Hi!

Just some estimated[1] numbers[2]:

Currently 1013 people are actively subscribed to the squeak-dev mailing list.

Looking at the past year until now about 64 people have posted something at least once per month on average (6% of active subscribers as of today).

The same for the last three months gives 51 people.

So any new Modulesystem or fancy Squeak Map Server gonna change that trend?

BTW, the Google+ Page attracted around 200 people. As with squeak-dev there isn't too much going on.

Alex

[1] I didn't bother to filter/join crosspostings, commit messages nor people with multiple e-mail addresses
[2] wget, grep, sed, uniq, sort, wc are my friends

Re: Some Community numbers

Hannes Hirzel
Hello

this could actually mean either

1) Squeak is in maintenance mode. This is OK as it is a kernel where
people build one.
2) As other efforts are going on (Pharo, Cuis, Spoon, Amber) it would
be a good time to focus on something specific for the next year.

--Hannes

P.S. Any news about the new version OmniBrowser for Squeak?

On 2/24/12, Alexander Lazarević <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Just some estimated[1] numbers[2]:
>
> Currently 1013 people are actively subscribed to the squeak-dev mailing
> list.
>
> Looking at the past year until now about 64 people have posted something at
> least once per month on average (6% of active subscribers as of today).
>
> The same for the last three months gives 51 people.
>

> So any new Modulesystem or fancy Squeak Map Server gonna change that trend?
>

> BTW, the Google+ Page attracted around 200 people. As with squeak-dev there
> isn't too much going on.
>
> Alex
>
> [1] I didn't bother to filter/join crosspostings, commit messages nor
> people with multiple e-mail addresses
> [2] wget, grep, sed, uniq, sort, wc are my friends

Re: Some Community numbers

Edgar De Cleene

On 2/24/12 9:28 AM, "H. Hirzel" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> 1) Squeak is in maintenance mode. This is OK as it is a kernel where
> people build one.

Squeak is in comatose mode and need non traditional recipes

> 2) As other efforts are going on (Pharo, Cuis, Spoon, Amber) it would
> be a good time to focus on something specific for the next year.

It's good lay many eggs , some could survive depredators

Edgar

Re: Some Community numbers

laza
Some numbers to compare it against Pharo:

Currently 472 people are actively subscribed to the pharo mailing list.

Looking at the past year until now about 127 people have posted something at least once per month on average (27% of active subscribers as of today).

The same for the last three months gives 99 people.

Alex

2012/2/24 Alexander Lazarević <[hidden email]>
Hi!

Just some estimated[1] numbers[2]:

Currently 1013 people are actively subscribed to the squeak-dev mailing list.

Looking at the past year until now about 64 people have posted something at least once per month on average (6% of active subscribers as of today).

The same for the last three months gives 51 people.

So any new Modulesystem or fancy Squeak Map Server gonna change that trend?

BTW, the Google+ Page attracted around 200 people. As with squeak-dev there isn't too much going on.

Alex

[1] I didn't bother to filter/join crosspostings, commit messages nor people with multiple e-mail addresses
[2] wget, grep, sed, uniq, sort, wc are my friends

Re: Some Community numbers

Colin Putney-3
On 2012-02-24, at 3:28 AM, "H. Hirzel" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> P.S. Any news about the new version OmniBrowser for Squeak?

It's nearing completion. It's feature complete, but there are still a
handful of bugs to chase down. And we have to figure out how to
distribute it.

- Colin

Re: Some Community numbers

laza
2012/2/24 Alexander Lazarević <[hidden email]>
BTW, the Google+ Page attracted around 200 people. As with squeak-dev there isn't too much going on.

Anyone cares to adopt that page?