Some Tests failing in 1.2

1 message Options

Some Tests failing in 1.2

Luc Fabresse
Hi all,

6 tests in SystemNavigationTest and SystemNavigationOnNewlyCreatedEnvironementTest are failing in 1.2
This is because of the introduction of SourcedMethodReference.

SourcedMethodReference>>= must not be based on identity (==) because it prevents to have multiple SourcedMethodReference pointing to the same CompiledMethod.
And we need that because each tools will use different SourcedMethodReference.
IMHO, SourcedMethodReference are just proxies and we don't care of their identity.

I made these 6 tests pass by:
-replacing MethodReference by SourcedMethodReference in SystemNavigationTest and al...
-modifying the equality method of SourcedMethodReference:

SourcedMethodReference>>= anotherMethodReference
^ (super = anotherMethodReference)
and: [ (self timeStamp = self timeStamp)
and: [ self sourceCode =  self sourceCode ]]

I have no idea of the impact of this change for the SourcedMethodReference stuff point of view.

#Luc

FixFailingSystemNavigationTests.1.cs (4K) Download Attachment