Some general Seaside questions?

Conrad Taylor
Hi, I was wondering,

a)  How does specify the following within the renderContentOn:

body tag
head tag
meta tag
as so on

Is there an easy to digest listing of what can be placed in a renderContentOn method?

b)  Next, how does specify the path for image assets on the filesystem?

Thanks in advance,

-Conrad

ps:  I wish both Andy Bower and Blair McGlashan of ObjectArts all the best.

Re: Some general Seaside questions?

Lukas Renggli
> a)  How does specify the following within the renderContentOn:
>
> body tag
> head tag
> meta tag
> as so on

Override #updateRoot: in your components. Have a look at the existing
implementations.

> Is there an easy to digest listing of what can be placed in a
> renderContentOn method?

Have a look at WARenderCanvas and its superclasses.

> b)  Next, how does specify the path for image assets on the filesystem?

That depends what development platform you are on? I don't know how
this works in Dolphin.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

RE: Some general Seaside questions?

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)
#renderContentOn: is used for all things <body>, for everything else
there's a handy #updateRoot: of which there are many examples out there.

updateRoot: aHtmlRoot

 super updateRoot: aHtmlRoot.
 aHtmlRoot beXhtml10Strict.
 aHtmlRoot title: 'My Application'.
 (aHtmlRoot meta) name: 'ping'; content: 'pong'.
 aHtmlRoot javascript resourceUrl: '/other/misc.js'.
 (aHtmlRoot stylesheet)
    resourceUrl: '/css/screen.css';
    addScreen.
 (aHtmlRoot stylesheet)
    resourceUrl: '/css/print.css';
    addPrint.

Etc, etc, where #resourceUrl is relative to #resourceBaseUrl property of
the application, which is my local image with a custom request handler
to serve resources locally and is replaced with a CDN URL for
deployment.

Hope this helps,

-Boris

--
+1.604.689.0322
DeepCove Labs Ltd.

[hidden email]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

attachments.

Thank you.

Hi Boris and Lukas, thanks for the information.  BTW, I'm using Squeak/VisualWorks for Seaside development.  Anyway, in regards to accessing the images, I can simply store the meta data for the image in the database along with the other product information because I'll only need the exact location for the image when I rendering the product in the browser.  Next, does one specify #updateRoot in the body of the renderContentOn: method?  For example, where does one put the following calls:

On 8/13/07, Boris Popov <[hidden email]> wrote:
#renderContentOn: is used for all things <body>, for everything else
there's a handy #updateRoot: of which there are many examples out there.

updateRoot: aHtmlRoot

super updateRoot: aHtmlRoot.
aHtmlRoot beXhtml10Strict.
aHtmlRoot title: 'My Application'.
(aHtmlRoot meta) name: 'ping'; content: 'pong'.
aHtmlRoot javascript resourceUrl: '/other/misc.js'.
(aHtmlRoot stylesheet)
    resourceUrl: '/css/screen.css';
    addScreen.
(aHtmlRoot stylesheet)
    resourceUrl: '/css/print.css';
    addPrint.

Etc, etc, where #resourceUrl is relative to #resourceBaseUrl property of
the application, which is my local image with a custom request handler
to serve resources locally and is replaced with a CDN URL for
deployment.

Hope this helps,

-Boris

--
+1.604.689.0322
DeepCove Labs Ltd.
4th floor 595 Howe Street
Vancouver, Canada V6C 2T5
http://tinyurl.com/r7uw4

[hidden email]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

attachments.

Thank you.

No, you simply implement it on your components alongside
renderContentOn: as a separate method,

MyComponent>>updateRoot: root
  super updateRoot: root.
  root beXhtml10Strict.