Some methods missing in Behavior

jdelgado

Hi,

Some simple reflection tests (those using Behavior>>#compile:) do not work in Pharo 3.0 because Behavior>>#basicLocalSelectors and Behavior>>#basicLocalSelectors: do not longer exist.

I added the methods to TBehavior and the tests worked again. Thus, my question is: Is there any deep/good reason why these methods were removed? Because nothing seems to be broken after I added them back.

Bests,

Jordi

Re: Some methods missing in Behavior

Marcus Denker-4

On 10 Oct 2014, at 13:01, [hidden email] wrote:

Hi,

Some simple reflection tests (those using Behavior>>#compile:) do not work in Pharo 3.0 because Behavior>>#basicLocalSelectors and Behavior>>#basicLocalSelectors: do not longer exist.

I added the methods to TBehavior and the tests worked again. Thus, my question is: Is there any deep/good reason why these methods were removed? Because nothing seems to be broken after I added them back.

Can you give some examples?

Marcus

Re: Some methods missing in Behavior

jdelgado

Yes, evaluate:

(Behavior new) compile: 'thisIsATest  ^2'

Bests,

Jordi

On 10 Oct 2014, at 14:36, [hidden email] wrote:

Yes, evaluate:

(Behavior new) compile: 'thisIsATest  ^2'

ah, that indeed should work… I will check and fix it in Pharo3 and Pharo4

Marcus

For Pharo4:

Re: Some methods missing in Behavior

Marcus Denker-4
This is is fixed in Pharo4... is this important enough for a back port?

If yes, please submit a slice...

On Sat, Oct 11, 2014 at 10:22 AM, Marcus Denker <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 10 Oct 2014, at 15:25, Marcus Denker <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 10 Oct 2014, at 14:36, [hidden email] wrote:

Yes, evaluate:

(Behavior new) compile: 'thisIsATest  ^2'

ah, that indeed should work… I will check and fix it in Pharo3 and Pharo4

For Pharo4:

Marcus Denker  --  [hidden email]
http://www.marcusdenker.de