Some more network questions

Holger Freyther
Hi Paolo, all,

I have a Sockets.Socket instance and I would like to call
FileDescriptor>>nextUshort on it. Now I could do 'socket implementation
nextUshort' but that will probably have bad effects due not using the
ReadBuffer. Could we somehow get the nextUshort, nextByte: n signed: aBoolean
into another class (Stream?)?

am I missing something?

Re: Some more network questions

Paolo Bonzini-2
On 09/27/2010 08:36 PM, Holger Hans Peter Freyther wrote:
> Hi Paolo, all,
>
> I have a Sockets.Socket instance and I would like to call
> FileDescriptor>>nextUshort on it. Now I could do 'socket implementation
> nextUshort' but that will probably have bad effects due not using the
> ReadBuffer. Could we somehow get the nextUshort, nextByte: n signed: aBoolean
> into another class (Stream?)?

I'd really really prefer to have Python-style pack/unpack methods
(#packInto:format:startingAt:, #unpack:startingAt:) and add _those_ to
sockets.

Paolo