Some progress and questions in creating workshop presentations with Glamour

Some progress and questions in creating workshop presentations with Glamour

Stephan Eggermont-3
I've been working on creating a presentation using Glamour.

Making a browser fullscreen:
        browser
                 configureForEmbedding;
                 bounds: (RealEstateAgent maximumUsableAreaInWorld: World).

Switching the UITheme to the white Glamorous theme gets rid of most of the
darker background.

When embedding a GTPlayground in another browser, I need to override the
reaction to GLMBrowserClosing

GTPlayGround>>compose
                on: GLMBrowserClosing do: [
                        "This is a hack for the moment.
                        We need a better mechanism from Glamour to help
                        us keep the model in sync"
                        self entity
                                        content: self first panes first presentations first text.
                        self entity content asString trimBoth isEmpty
                                ifFalse: [ self class repository add: self entity ] ]

In presentation mode, I give one of the columns (with a tree pane) a span of 0.
I can then still control the tree contents in it with the cursor keys.
Once I click inside a text pane, I can no longer give the tree pane
focus. I would like to have an action to show/hide the pane. How do I force
a redraw after setting the span?

How do I make the text area really read-only?

Stephan

Re: Some progress and questions in creating workshop presentations with Glamour

Andrei Chis
Hi Stephan,

On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 8:52 PM, Stephan Eggermont <[hidden email]> wrote:
I've been working on creating a presentation using Glamour.

Making a browser fullscreen:
        browser
                 configureForEmbedding;
                 bounds: (RealEstateAgent maximumUsableAreaInWorld: World).

Switching the UITheme to the white Glamorous theme gets rid of most of the
darker background.

Are there any darker backgrounds that do not get overridden, or you do not like it that they do get overridden?

When embedding a GTPlayground in another browser, I need to override the
reaction to GLMBrowserClosing

GTPlayGround>>compose
                on: GLMBrowserClosing do: [
                        "This is a hack for the moment.
                        We need a better mechanism from Glamour to help
                        us keep the model in sync"
                        self entity
                                        content: self first panes first presentations first text.
                        self entity content asString trimBoth isEmpty
                                ifFalse: [ self class repository add: self entity ] ]

I'll put this functionality into a new method that you can then override.

In presentation mode, I give one of the columns (with a tree pane) a span of 0.
I can then still control the tree contents in it with the cursor keys.
Once I click inside a text pane, I can no longer give the tree pane
focus. I would like to have an action to show/hide the pane. How do I force
a redraw after setting the span?

Right now Glamour does not support this. One way to implement this would be to rebuild the entire browser on update; or have an action that does this on demand as doing it all the time could be a overkill.

How do I make the text area really read-only?

This is also not supported right now in Glamour. Though it should be relatively straight forward to implement.

Cheers,
Andrei

Stephan