Some questions

Andre Hora
Hello,

I have two simple questions. In the code below:

public MemberTypeBinding(char[][] compoundName, ClassScope scope, SourceTypeBinding enclosingType) {
    super(compoundName, scope, enclosingType);
}

How many Accesses and References do I have? (do the parameters contain 2 References and the super 3 Accesses).

Thanks!

--
Andre Hora

Re: Some questions

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

You get 0 references, and 3 accesses generated by the super call. The only question if there should be another access to the implicit variable "this".

The types available in the method signature appear as declaredType, not as a reference.

Cheers,
Doru

On 1 Nov 2011, at 10:46, Andre Hora wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have two simple questions. In the code below:
>
> public MemberTypeBinding(char[][] compoundName, ClassScope scope, SourceTypeBinding enclosingType) {
>     super(compoundName, scope, enclosingType);
> }
>
> How many Accesses and References do I have? (do the parameters contain 2 References and the super 3 Accesses).
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Andre Hora

www.tudorgirba.com

"One cannot do more than one can do."

Re: Some questions

Andre Hora

On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 11:04 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

You get 0 references, and 3 accesses generated by the super call. The only question if there should be another access to the implicit variable "this".
OK. A two months VerveineJ mse does not produce that (just two accesses from other parts of the method, but 0 from the super).

The types available in the method signature appear as declaredType, not as a reference.
OK. So if I want to check my providers classes, I need to check Access, Reference, Inheritance, Invocation + check manually the types method signatures (parameters and return if the case)?

Cheers,
Doru
Thanks Doru,

On Nov 1, 2011, at 11:26, Andre Hora <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 11:04 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

You get 0 references, and 3 accesses generated by the super call. The only question if there should be another access to the implicit variable "this".
OK. A two months VerveineJ mse does not produce that (just two accesses from other parts of the method, but 0 from the super)

That is a problem. Could you create a small example java class and create an issue? Like that we can use it as a test fixture.

The types available in the method signature appear as declaredType, not as a reference.
OK. So if I want to check my providers classes, I need to check Access, Reference, Inheritance, Invocation + check manually the types method signatures (parameters and return if the case)?

Yes.

Doru

Cheers,
Doru
Thanks Doru,

On 1 Nov 2011, at 10:46, Andre Hora wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have two simple questions. In the code below:
>
> public MemberTypeBinding(char[][] compoundName, ClassScope scope, SourceTypeBinding enclosingType) {
>     super(compoundName, scope, enclosingType);
> }
>
> How many Accesses and References do I have? (do the parameters contain 2 References and the super 3 Accesses).
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Andre Hora

www.tudorgirba.com

"One cannot do more than one can do."

Andre Hora

Re: Some questions

abergel
Why 0 references? ClassScope and SourceTypeBinding are 2 references.

Alexandre

On 1 Nov 2011, at 07:04, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You get 0 references, and 3 accesses generated by the super call. The only question if there should be another access to the implicit variable "this".
>
> The types available in the method signature appear as declaredType, not as a reference.
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> On 1 Nov 2011, at 10:46, Andre Hora wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have two simple questions. In the code below:
>>
>> public MemberTypeBinding(char[][] compoundName, ClassScope scope, SourceTypeBinding enclosingType) {
>>    super(compoundName, scope, enclosingType);
>> }
>>
>> How many Accesses and References do I have? (do the parameters contain 2 References and the super 3 Accesses).
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> --
>> Andre Hora

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "One cannot do more than one can do."

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: Some questions

Tudor Girba-2
FAMIXReference refers to the class being a receiver of an invocation or an access.

As I said, the type declaration appears as a declaredType property of the method or variable.

Cheers,
Doru

On 1 Nov 2011, at 14:01, Alexandre Bergel wrote:

> Why 0 references? ClassScope and SourceTypeBinding are 2 references.
>
> Alexandre
>

> On 1 Nov 2011, at 07:04, Tudor Girba wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> You get 0 references, and 3 accesses generated by the super call. The only question if there should be another access to the implicit variable "this".
>>
>> The types available in the method signature appear as declaredType, not as a reference.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>

>> On 1 Nov 2011, at 10:46, Andre Hora wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I have two simple questions. In the code below:
>>>
>>> public MemberTypeBinding(char[][] compoundName, ClassScope scope, SourceTypeBinding enclosingType) {
>>>   super(compoundName, scope, enclosingType);
>>> }
>>>
>>> How many Accesses and References do I have? (do the parameters contain 2 References and the super 3 Accesses).
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> --
>>> Andre Hora

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "One cannot do more than one can do."

www.tudorgirba.com

"If you interrupt the barber while he is cutting your hair,
you will end up with a messy haircut."