Some strange behavior of #identityHash

XumuK
Hi! I found some possible bug (or not, i don`t know)
Workspace

| string h1 h2|
string := 'hello'.
h1 := string identityHash.
h2 := string identityHash.
h1 = h2

printIt -> false

Is it normal? I use amber 0.9

Re: Some strange behavior of #identityHash

Herby Vojčík

XumuK wrote:

> /| string h1 h2|/
> /string := 'hello'./
> /h1 := string identityHash./
> /h2 := string identityHash./
> /h1 = h2 /
> /
> /
> *printIt ->*//*false*
> *
> *
> Is it normal? I use amber 0.9

Yes, this is strange. It works the same on the web in amber-lang.net. identityHash produces numbers, which is wrong, IIRC for strings it produced strings.

Re: Some strange behavior of #identityHash

XumuK
So, what i need to fix it? Or any other ways to get unique id of objects in Amber?

Herby Vojčík wrote:

> XumuK wrote:
>> /| string h1 h2|/
>> /string := 'hello'./
>> /h1 := string identityHash./
>> /h2 := string identityHash./
>> /h1 = h2 /
>> /
>> /
>> *printIt ->*//*false*
>> *
>> *
>> Is it normal? I use amber 0.9
>
> Yes, this is strange. It works the same on the web in amber-lang.net.
> identityHash produces numbers, which is wrong, IIRC for strings it
> produced strings.

I remember wrong, I just saw it once at thought for myself "this is
wrong, it must fail" but left it at that. This is a bug, fill an issue.

Herby

XumuK wrote:
> So, what i need to fix it? Or any other ways to get unique id of objects
> in Amber?

Implement identityHash for strings as

identityHash
   ^ self, 's'

(if you ask why this way, look for Number>>identityHash and you'll see why).

And if you're at it, you can make a pullreq ;-)

Herby

> вторник, 17 сентября 2013 г., 16:15:12 UTC+4 пользователь Herby написал:
>

>     XumuK wrote:
>      > /| string h1 h2|/
>      > /string := 'hello'./
>      > /h1 := string identityHash./
>      > /h2 := string identityHash./
>      > /h1 = h2 /
>      > /
>      > /
>      > *printIt ->*//*false*
>      > *
>      > *
>      > Is it normal? I use amber 0.9
>
>     Yes, this is strange. It works the same on the web in amber-lang.net
>     <http://amber-lang.net>. identityHash produces numbers, which is
>     wrong, IIRC for strings it produced strings.

Re: Some strange behavior of #identityHash

XumuK
I tried to do like you said. But i cant load this changes in Kernel-Objects or Kernel-Collections when i reloaded page. (this files are situated in the same directory, as myProject.js)
I tried to write:
loadAmber({
        files: ['myProject.js' 'Kernel-Objects.js'],
        prefix: 'my_prefix',

but javascript console said that here is SyntaxError: Unexpected string

вторник, 17 сентября 2013 г., 16:04:31 UTC+4 пользователь XumuK написал:
Hi! I found some possible bug (or not, i don`t know)
Workspace

| string h1 h2|
string := 'hello'.
h1 := string identityHash.
h2 := string identityHash.
h1 = h2

printIt -> false

Is it normal? I use amber 0.9

Re: Some strange behavior of #identityHash

XumuK
Oops, sorry :) My fail... I forgot ','...
Thanks a lot, Herby!

вторник, 17 сентября 2013 г., 16:57:37 UTC+4 пользователь XumuK написал:
[...]

It`s not worked too :( I dont know the reason why...

вторник, 17 сентября 2013 г., 16:25:49 UTC+4 пользователь Herby написал:

XumuK wrote:
> So, what i need to fix it? Or any other ways to get unique id of objects
> in Amber?

Implement identityHash for strings as

identityHash
   ^ self, 's'

(if you ask why this way, look for Number>>identityHash and you'll see why).

And if you're at it, you can make a pullreq ;-)

Herby

Re: Some strange behavior of #identityHash

Herby Vojčík
Well, now it should not return false, at least. Does it? That is strange.

The reason why it returned false before was because it used Object>>identityHash which incremented counter always when receiver was string. But now, it should be ok.

Herby

XumuK wrote:

> It`s not worked too :( I dont know the reason why...
>
> вторник, 17 сентября 2013 г., 16:25:49 UTC+4 пользователь Herby написал:
>

>     XumuK wrote:
>     > So, what i need to fix it? Or any other ways to get unique id of
>     objects
>     > in Amber?
>
>     Implement identityHash for strings as
>
>     identityHash
>     ^ self, 's'
>
>     (if you ask why this way, look for Number>>identityHash and you'll
>     see why).
>
>     And if you're at it, you can make a pullreq ;-)
>
>     Herby

Re: Some strange behavior of #identityHash

XumuK
Worked.. thanks

XumuK wrote:

> It`s not worked too :( I dont know the reason why...
>
> вторник, 17 сентября 2013 г., 16:25:49 UTC+4 пользователь Herby написал:
>

>     XumuK wrote:
>     > So, what i need to fix it? Or any other ways to get unique id of
>     objects
>     > in Amber?
>
>     Implement identityHash for strings as
>
>     identityHash
>     ^ self, 's'
>
>     (if you ask why this way, look for Number>>identityHash and you'll
>     see why).
>
>     And if you're at it, you can make a pullreq ;-)
>
>     Herby

Re: Some strange behavior of #identityHash

Nicolas Petton
I don't know if that was integrated into Amber, but if it was, It would
be nice to have a regression test.

Nico

XumuK <[hidden email]> writes:

> Worked.. thanks
>
> вторник, 17 сентября 2013 г., 17:49:58 UTC+4 пользователь Herby написал:
>>
>> Well, now it should not return false, at least. Does it? That is strange.
>>
>> The reason why it returned false before was because it used
>> Object>>identityHash which incremented counter always when receiver was
>> string. But now, it should be ok.
>>
>> Herby
>>
>> XumuK wrote:
>> > It`s not worked too :( I dont know the reason why...
>> >
>> > вторник, 17 сентября 2013 г., 16:25:49 UTC+4 пользователь Herby написал:
>> >

>> >     XumuK wrote:
>> >     > So, what i need to fix it? Or any other ways to get unique id of
>> >     objects
>> >     > in Amber?
>> >
>> >     Implement identityHash for strings as
>> >
>> >     identityHash
>> >     ^ self, 's'
>> >
>> >     (if you ask why this way, look for Number>>identityHash and you'll
>> >     see why).
>> >
>> >     And if you're at it, you can make a pullreq ;-)
>> >
>> >     Herby
>> >
>> > --

Nicolas Petton
http://nicolas-petton.fr

Re: Some strange behavior of #identityHash

Hannes Hirzel
Is this now in master?
I would say a test is mandatory to demonstrate the proper behavior.

On 9/18/13, Nicolas Petton <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I don't know if that was integrated into Amber, but if it was, It would
> be nice to have a regression test.
>
> Nico
>
> XumuK <[hidden email]> writes:
>
>> Worked.. thanks
>>
>> вторник, 17 сентября 2013 г., 17:49:58 UTC+4 пользователь Herby написал:
>>>
>>> Well, now it should not return false, at least. Does it? That is strange.
>>>

>>> The reason why it returned false before was because it used
>>> Object>>identityHash which incremented counter always when receiver was
>>> string. But now, it should be ok.
>>>
>>> Herby

>> --

> Nicolas Petton
> http://nicolas-petton.fr

Re: Some strange behavior of #identityHash

XumuK
No, I didn`t push this, you can do this, i think.

String instance >> identityHash
^ self asString, 's'

works correct.

I use this in my project, but i think it would be nice if such method will be created in Amber

On 9/18/13, Nicolas Petton <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="43le0AY8drMJ">petton....@...> wrote:

> I don't know if that was integrated into Amber, but if it was, It would
> be nice to have a regression test.
>
> Nico
>
> XumuK <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="43le0AY8drMJ">hubb...@...> writes:
>
>> Worked.. thanks
>>
>> вторник, 17 сентября 2013 г., 17:49:58 UTC+4 пользователь Herby написал:
>>>
>>> Well, now it should not return false, at least. Does it? That is strange.
>>>

>>> The reason why it returned false before was because it used
>>> Object>>identityHash which incremented counter always when receiver was
>>> string. But now, it should be ok.
>>>
>>> Herby

>> --

> Nicolas Petton
> http://nicolas-petton.fr

Re: Some strange behavior of #identityHash

Nicolas Petton
You could send a pull request :) If you don't want to do it, I can of
course.

Nico

XumuK <[hidden email]> writes:

> No, I didn`t push this, you can do this, i think.
>
> *String instance >> identityHash*
> *^ self asString, 's'*
>
> works correct.
>
> I use this in my project, but i think it would be nice if such method will
> be created in Amber
>
> среда, 18 сентября 2013 г., 13:00:55 UTC+4 пользователь Hannes написал:
>>
>> Is this now in master?
>> I would say a test is mandatory to demonstrate the proper behavior.
>>
>> On 9/18/13, Nicolas Petton <[hidden email] <javascript:>> wrote:
>> > I don't know if that was integrated into Amber, but if it was, It would
>> > be nice to have a regression test.
>> >
>> > Nico

>> strange.

>> was

>> of

>> you'll

>> > --
>> > Nicolas Petton
>> > http://nicolas-petton.fr
>> >
>> > --

Nicolas Petton
http://nicolas-petton.fr

Re: Some strange behavior of #identityHash

XumuK
I`m afraid to do this :) Please, you are welcome :)

XumuK <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="H4Gx_byp8rQJ">hubb...@...> writes:

> No, I didn`t push this, you can do this, i think.
>
> *String instance >> identityHash*
> *^ self asString, 's'*
>
> works correct.
>
> I use this in my project, but i think it would be nice if such method will
> be created in Amber
>
> среда, 18 сентября 2013 г., 13:00:55 UTC+4 пользователь Hannes написал:
>>
>> Is this now in master?
>> I would say a test is mandatory to demonstrate the proper behavior.
>>
>> On 9/18/13, Nicolas Petton <[hidden email] <javascript:>> wrote:
>> > I don't know if that was integrated into Amber, but if it was, It would
>> > be nice to have a regression test.
>> >
>> > Nico

>> strange.

>> was