Someone has to start this.. ;)

rush
Ok,

- in the freshly unlocked image, there are 4 compilation failures, in class
TranscriptShell: toolboxPosition, editContextMenu, onToolboxClosed and
removeView

- double clicking on DX6 image file does not launch it. In context menu,
there are 2 programs offered, Dolphin Smalltalk Launcher something works ok,
Dolphin Smalltalk XP Launcher something does not.

rush
--
http://www.templatetamer.com/
http://www.folderscavenger.com/

Re: Someone has to start this.. ;)

Steve Messamore
Attempting to create a "pin to menu" causes a windows explorer error to
occur when selected from the menu.

Unfortunately, even right click to get the properties of the menu option
causes the explorer error.

The desktop shortcuts are looking for Dolphin.img instead of professional.
I suspect this may be the same problem with the pinup menu.
"rush" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...

> Ok,
>
> - in the freshly unlocked image, there are 4 compilation failures, in
> class
> TranscriptShell: toolboxPosition, editContextMenu, onToolboxClosed and
> removeView
>
> - double clicking on DX6 image file does not launch it. In context menu,
> there are 2 programs offered, Dolphin Smalltalk Launcher something works
> ok,
> Dolphin Smalltalk XP Launcher something does not.
>
> rush
> --
> http://www.templatetamer.com/
> http://www.folderscavenger.com/

Re: Someone has to start this.. ;)

Andy Bower-3
Steve,

> Attempting to create a "pin to menu" causes a windows explorer error
> to occur when selected from the menu.
>
> Unfortunately, even right click to get the properties of the menu
> option causes the explorer error.

I'm not sure what you mean here. What are you trying to pin to the menu?

> The desktop shortcuts are looking for Dolphin.img instead of
> professional.  I suspect this may be the same problem with the pinup
> menu.  "rush" <[hidden email]> wrote in message

The D6 installer doesn't put any desktop shortcuts up. Indeed there are
no shortcuts to the unlocked image - you have tyo double click it in
the My Documents/Dolphin Smalltalk X6 folder.

--
Andy Bower
Dolphin Support

Re: Someone has to start this.. ;)

Andy Bower-3
Rush,

> - in the freshly unlocked image, there are 4 compilation failures, in
> class TranscriptShell: toolboxPosition, editContextMenu,
> onToolboxClosed and removeView

Recorded as #1702.

> - double clicking on DX6 image file does not launch it. In context
> menu, there are 2 programs offered, Dolphin Smalltalk Launcher
> something works ok, Dolphin Smalltalk XP Launcher something does not.

Hmm.. The setup program is meant to remove any association of IMG with
the old 5.1 (XP) launcher and replace it with an association to the D6
launcher in Common Files. The idea being that the D6 launcher is
capable of analysing the IMG file header and starting it with the
appropriate VM. If D6 is uninstalled the new launcher (Dolphin.exe in
Common Files) will be left in place to service any prior Dolphin
installations. Does this not work?

--
Andy Bower
Dolphin Support

Re: Someone has to start this.. ;)

Steve Messamore
Hi Andy,
On the pin to menu.  In the XP environment when I installed i generally do a
pin to the Start menu of the exevutable.  When I did this I ran into trouble
as I  could not remove the menu entry from the start menu without blowing up
windows explorer.

"Andy Bower" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...

> Steve,
>
>> Attempting to create a "pin to menu" causes a windows explorer error
>> to occur when selected from the menu.
>>
>> Unfortunately, even right click to get the properties of the menu
>> option causes the explorer error.
>
> I'm not sure what you mean here. What are you trying to pin to the menu?
>
>> The desktop shortcuts are looking for Dolphin.img instead of
>> professional.  I suspect this may be the same problem with the pinup
>> menu.  "rush" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
>
> The D6 installer doesn't put any desktop shortcuts up. Indeed there are
> no shortcuts to the unlocked image - you have tyo double click it in
> the My Documents/Dolphin Smalltalk X6 folder.
>
> --
> Andy Bower
> Dolphin Support
> www.object-arts.com

Re: Someone has to start this.. ;)

rush
"Andy Bower" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...

> Hmm.. The setup program is meant to remove any association of IMG with
> the old 5.1 (XP) launcher and replace it with an association to the D6
> launcher in Common Files. The idea being that the D6 launcher is
> capable of analysing the IMG file header and starting it with the
> appropriate VM. If D6 is uninstalled the new launcher (Dolphin.exe in
> Common Files) will be left in place to service any prior Dolphin
> installations. Does this not work?

as far as I can tell, it seems that old launcher is still present, and even
more default for all .img. When double click on d6 image, there is some
error like sound and nothing happens. When I doulbe click on D5 image it
starts fine. When I use "Open with" entry in windows explorer shell context
menu, I get 2 launchers offered probably new and old. One of then manages to
start D6 image.

rush