Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Something does not work with issue tracker status

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi guys. Previously, we use to mark issues as "Fixed" once someone proposed a solution. Now we have to first put it as ""FixReviewNeeded" and then when someone else takes the time to review it put it as "FixToInclude". Now...the problem is that nobody reviews and issues get outdated. And then, when trying to load the slice or .cs it does not work anyomre, or it is outdated, or whatever. Meaning that it has to be regenerated and we spend the double of time. So, what can we do to improve this????  ideas:

1) We should be more confident ourselves. Imagine we have proposed something and it is as "FixReviewNeeded".  If we have run the tests, and we didn't break anything, and the problem is really fixed, and the topic is not something REALLY critical, and no one has reviewed your issue, why not to putting it as "FixToInclude" ?

2) We really need people helping review changes. There are only a few guys that do this. You DON'T need to be an expert. "FixReviewNeeded" does not mean "HasToBeReviewedByAGuruExperiencedHacker". It just means "it just requires another eyes". So, please, help us review issues. Is the only way to improve.

so, what do you think?

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Something does not work with issue tracker status

Benjamin Van Ryseghem (Pharo)

On Jun 6, 2012, at 1:47 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

Hi guys. Previously, we use to mark issues as "Fixed" once someone proposed a solution. Now we have to first put it as ""FixReviewNeeded" and then when someone else takes the time to review it put it as "FixToInclude". Now...the problem is that nobody reviews and issues get outdated. And then, when trying to load the slice or .cs it does not work anyomre, or it is outdated, or whatever. Meaning that it has to be regenerated and we spend the double of time. So, what can we do to improve this????  ideas:

1) We should be more confident ourselves. Imagine we have proposed something and it is as "FixReviewNeeded".  If we have run the tests, and we didn't break anything, and the problem is really fixed, and the topic is not something REALLY critical, and no one has reviewed your issue, why not to putting it as "FixToInclude" ?

The problem here is the objectivity, or the lack of knowledge :)
Usually when I post a fix, I have tried it, it works in my image etc. But it happened that it breaks something hidden somewhere because of a side effect I wasn't aware of :)

2) We really need people helping review changes. There are only a few guys that do this. You DON'T need to be an expert. "FixReviewNeeded" does not mean "HasToBeReviewedByAGuruExperiencedHacker". It just means "it just requires another eyes". So, please, help us review issues. Is the only way to improve.

But I totally agree with this :)
Reviewing fix can be really easy and fast :) Maybe we should also use more often the flag "Easy" or "Difficult".
I admit doing that form time to time, just take the "Easy" ones and review them :)

But in general, I think that more people should review :) And when a fix break something, nobody checks who was the poster or who was the reviewer :)

My 2cts,
Ben

so, what do you think?

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Something does not work with issue tracker status

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
In reply to this post by Mariano Martinez Peck
Mariano Martinez Peck wrote
We really need people helping review changes... So, please, help us review issues. Is the only way
to improve.
+1. I will try a few...

Sean
Cheers,
Sean