Something like beRequired

Bernat Romagosa
Hi list, here comes my daily mail ;)

Is there something like beRequired? a message that can be sent to a form element so that, if the field is not filled up, the form is not valid? If not, what's the proper way to write custom validations?

I must say, I'm loving Iliad in many ways, especially for providing headache-free AJAX, and I'm thinking about helping fill up the documentation a little bit when I've learnt more about it, as this is, IMO, its biggest gap right now.

Thanks again!

Bernat Romagosa.

Re: Something like beRequired

Nicolas Petton
Le mardi 01 mars 2011 à 10:36 +0100, AxiNat a écrit :
> Hi list, here comes my daily mail ;)
>

> Is there something like beRequired? a message that can be sent to a
> form element so that, if the field is not filled up, the form is not
> valid? If not, what's the proper way to write custom validations?

Hi,

Did you try using Formula? This old blog post explains how it works:
http://smalltalk.gnu.org/blog/nico/formula-building-nice-validated-forms-iliad-ease

> I must say, I'm loving Iliad in many ways, especially for providing
> headache-free AJAX, and I'm thinking about helping fill up the
> documentation a little bit when I've learnt more about it, as this is,
> IMO, its biggest gap right now.

It certainly is. You're very welcome, if you want to help.

Cheers,
Nico

Re: Something like beRequired

Bernat Romagosa
Hi Nico, I didn't know about formula, thank you!