Sophie plugins source code?

Martin Kuball
Hi!

Is it possible to get the source code for the sophie plugins? I would like
to compile them for my 64bit Linux system.

Thanks

Re: Sophie plugins source code?

johnmci
I believe this is the only extra plugin shipped with the unix version
of Sophie
RomePlugin

MCHttpRepository
        location: 'http://source.impara.de/Rome'
        user: ''
        password: ''

Name: Rome-Plugin-be.37
Author: be
Time: 27 April 2007, 12:17:51 pm
UUID: 0e041676-0f56-5e47-8cec-5fdfa944fe65

cairo
        libcairo.so.2

I assume libcairo is the cairo library
See for example https://launchpad.net/libcairo

Tweak support
TweakPlugin {check tweak site}

Standard plugins?

B3DAcceleratorPlugin
FT2Plugin
KedamaPlugin
LocalePlugin.so
npsqueak.so {browser plugin}
PseudoTTYPlugin
Squeak3D.so
SqueakFFIPrims.so
UnixOSProcessPlugin
vm-display-fbdev
vm-display-null
vm-display-X11
vm-sound-null
vm-sound-OSS
XDisplayControlPlugin

On Sep 30, 2007, at 11:54 AM, Martin Kuball wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Is it possible to get the source code for the sophie plugins? I
> would like
> to compile them for my 64bit Linux system.
>
> Thanks

===
John M. McIntosh <[hidden email]>
===

Re: Sophie plugins source code?

Bert Freudenberg
On Oct 1, 2007, at 19:20 , John M McIntosh wrote:

> I believe this is the only extra plugin shipped with the unix
> version of Sophie
> RomePlugin
>
> MCHttpRepository
> location: 'http://source.impara.de/Rome'
> user: ''
> password: ''

Yes this is the only essential one.

> Tweak support
> TweakPlugin {check tweak site}

This is optional/experimental and not even used I think.

> On Sep 30, 2007, at 11:54 AM, Martin Kuball wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to get the source code for the sophie plugins? I
>> would like
>> to compile them for my 64bit Linux system.

Sophie relies on FFI for Quicktime media, so much of the media
playback functionality is missing under Linux. A very nice community
project would be adding gstreamer-based Linux media playback.

- Bert -

Re: Sophie plugins source code?

Martin Kuball
Thanks for the answer. I couldn't load version 37 of the remeo plugin into
my image (an almost - except for vmmaker - unmodified dev-image version
07.09.01). I got a index out of bound error. I used version 36 instead
which loaded without errors.

Am Monday 01 October 2007 schrieb John M McIntosh:

> I believe this is the only extra plugin shipped with the unix version
> of Sophie
> RomePlugin
>
> MCHttpRepository
> location: 'http://source.impara.de/Rome'
> user: ''
> password: ''
>
> Name: Rome-Plugin-be.37
> Author: be
> Time: 27 April 2007, 12:17:51 pm
> UUID: 0e041676-0f56-5e47-8cec-5fdfa944fe65
>

> cairo
> libcairo.so.2
>
> I assume libcairo is the cairo library
> See for example https://launchpad.net/libcairo
>

> Tweak support
> TweakPlugin {check tweak site}
>

> Standard plugins?
>
> B3DAcceleratorPlugin
> FT2Plugin
> KedamaPlugin
> LocalePlugin.so
> npsqueak.so {browser plugin}
> PseudoTTYPlugin
> Squeak3D.so
> SqueakFFIPrims.so
> UnixOSProcessPlugin
> vm-display-fbdev
> vm-display-null
> vm-display-X11
> vm-sound-null
> vm-sound-OSS
> XDisplayControlPlugin
>
> On Sep 30, 2007, at 11:54 AM, Martin Kuball wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > Is it possible to get the source code for the sophie plugins? I
> > would like
> > to compile them for my 64bit Linux system.
> >
> > Thanks

> ===
> John M. McIntosh <[hidden email]>
> Corporate Smalltalk Consulting Ltd.  http://www.smalltalkconsulting.com
> ===

Freetype plugin was: Re: Sophie plugins source code?

Martin Kuball
What is the difference between the Freetype plugin on impara and the
Freetype Plus on squeak source?
Are they interchangeable?

On Oct 1, 2007, at 12:19 PM, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> Sophie relies on FFI for Quicktime media, so much of the media
> playback functionality is missing under Linux. A very nice
> community project would be adding gstreamer-based Linux media
> playback.
>
> - Bert -

I'll note that the Sophie movie player attempts to resolve which
technology to use when the video/audio is set up.
The first choice is Quicktime, the second is the older squeak MPEG
plugin. For audio other choices besides Quicktime, Sophie may involve
the SampledSoundAudio support (WAV or AIFF)

The Sophie team spent numerous days  trying to setup a gstreamer
environment but we were defeated by the confused state of the
gstreamer offering.
I don't recall we were even able to compile and link C code examples,
so much for easy to use offerings.

However other Linux developers are welcome to try.

For clues please see the SophieMPEGAudio, SophieMPEGMovie, or
SophieSampledSoundAudio for subclassing suggestions

===
John M. McIntosh <[hidden email]>
===

Re: Sophie plugins source code?

Giovanni Corriga
Il giorno lun, 01/10/2007 alle 21.19 +0200, Bert Freudenberg ha scritto:

> Sophie relies on FFI for Quicktime media, so much of the media
> playback functionality is missing under Linux. A very nice community
> project would be adding gstreamer-based Linux media playback.

Let's put in next year's Summer of Code idea list then. Meanwhile we
could use this website: http://micropledge.com/ to entice the
community ;-)

        Giovanni

Re: Freetype plugin was: Re: Sophie plugins source code?

Andrew Tween
"Martin Kuball" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...
> What is the difference between the Freetype plugin on impara and the
> Freetype Plus on squeak source?
> Are they interchangeable?

FreeType Plus is dependent upon a (compiled) FT2Plugin being present.
FreeType Plus does NOT include the source for the FT2Plugin.
Rather, it uses the same compiled FT2Plugin 's that are distributed with
Sophie, the source for which is on impara.
Hope that clarifies things,
Cheers,
Andy

Am Tuesday 02 October 2007 schrieb Andrew Tween:

> Hi,
> "Martin Kuball" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
> news:[hidden email]...
>
> > What is the difference between the Freetype plugin on impara and the
> > Freetype Plus on squeak source?
> > Are they interchangeable?
>
> FreeType Plus is dependent upon a (compiled) FT2Plugin being present.
> FreeType Plus does NOT include the source for the FT2Plugin.
> Rather, it uses the same compiled FT2Plugin 's that are distributed with
> Sophie, the source for which is on impara.
> Hope that clarifies things,
> Cheers,
> Andy

Yes it does. Thank you very much.