Sound shortage

Kirk W. Fraser
I used a standard Sound call (Sound fromFile: 'C:\sound.wav') woofAndWait.
The sound played only the first minute or two of the 70 Mb file on my XP^2
system.  I've been told it works right on other OS's like WinME and the
problem is with Dolphin's use of the Windows playSound function.  How can
this be fixed?

Thanks,
Kirk Fraser
http://www.clatskanie.com/kirk

Re: Sound shortage

Ian Bartholomew-18
Kirk,

> I used a standard Sound call (Sound fromFile: 'C:\sound.wav') woofAndWait.
> The sound played only the first minute or two of the 70 Mb file on my XP^2
> system.  I've been told it works right on other OS's like WinME and the
> problem is with Dolphin's use of the Windows playSound function.  How can
> this be fixed?

Try changing the #woofAndWait to #woof.

I get the same effect as you, the replay stops after a minute, if
#woofAndWait is used but #woof appears to keep going.

Ian

Re: Sound shortage

Kirk W. Fraser
Ian,

Thanks.  First time woof crashed D.5 and sent an error report to Microsoft.
Second time it worked fine.

Kirk