SoundSettings reference in Sound?

Stéphane Ducasse
Hi guy

when I take 1.2 latest version I see that there are reference to SoundSetting in SoundPlayer.
Now I cannot find any definition of this setting.

Henrik I saw that you work on setting in sounds.
Does it ring a bell for you?

Stef

resumePlaying: aSound quickStart: quickStart
        "Start playing the given sound without resetting it; it will resume playing from where it last stopped. If quickStart is true, then try to start playing the given sound immediately."

        | doQuickStart |
        SoundSettings soundsEnabled ifFalse: [^ self].
        doQuickStart := quickStart.
        SoundSettings soundQuickStart ifFalse: [doQuickStart := false].
        PlayerProcess == nil ifTrue: [
                self canStartPlayer ifFalse: [^ self].
                ^self startUpWithSound: aSound].

        PlayerSemaphore critical: [
                (ActiveSounds includes: aSound)
                        ifTrue: [doQuickStart := false]
                        ifFalse: [
                                doQuickStart ifFalse: [ActiveSounds add: aSound]]].

        "quick-start the given sound, unless the sound player has just started"
        doQuickStart ifTrue: [self startPlayingImmediately: aSound].

Re: SoundSettings reference in Sound?

Henrik Sperre Johansen
Yes, you were using the wrong version of Sound.
Use the one in PharoSound, not NonCorePackages.

Cheers,
Henry