Source code comments in Pharo: lots of missing things

Source code comments in Pharo: lots of missing things

philippe.back@highoctane.be
Just  a question: while looking at the comments for classes in the browser, there are often missing entries, even for pretty classic classes. How comes?

I find myself with a Squeak image running in parallel just to look up some content. So, content that makes sense is available but didn't got carried over to pharo.

Is this a licencing issue? Something else? I have pharo1.0.sources so comments do show where they are available.
Also, some methods look like a decompile with t1 t2.. where the source exists in Squeak with the proper parameters.

Thanks in advance for shining some light in the topic.

Philippe

Re: Source code comments in Pharo: lots of missing things

Marcus Denker-4

On Mar 27, 2012, at 4:59 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Just  a question: while looking at the comments for classes in the browser, there are often missing entries, even for pretty classic classes. How comes?
>
> I find myself with a Squeak image running in parallel just to look up some content. So, content that makes sense is available but didn't got carried over to pharo.
>
> Is this a licencing issue? Something else? I have pharo1.0.sources so comments do show where they are available.
> Also, some methods look like a decompile with t1 t2.. where the source exists in Squeak with the proper parameters.

Normally this should not be the case. We definitly did not remove comments or renamed t1 t2... to me it looks like a config error or a bug.

Can you tell us an example?

--
Marcus Denker -- http://marcusdenker.de

Re: Source code comments in Pharo: lots of missing things

Max Leske
Have you looked at the methods with a fresh image? I've run into the situation a few times that only "decompiled" code is shown and a fresh image has always worked.

Max

On Mar 27, 2012, at 4:58 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Just  a question: while looking at the comments for classes in the browser, there are often missing entries, even for pretty classic classes. How comes?

Because the classes were not commented.

> I find myself with a Squeak image running in parallel just to look up some content. So, content that makes sense is available but didn't got carried over to pharo.

Which classes?
Because we improved this aspect.

> Is this a licencing issue? Something else? I have pharo1.0.sources so comments do show where they are available.
> Also, some methods look like a decompile with t1 t2..

Strange normally we do not have decompiled code.

> where the source exists in Squeak with the proper parameters.
>
> Thanks in advance for shining some light in the topic.

Re: Source code comments in Pharo: lots of missing things

philippeback

Quite a few in morphic for example aren't commented anymore.

Phil

On Mar 27, 2012, at 6:32 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Quite a few in morphic for example aren't commented anymore.

Which ones? It's you need to be specific else we will not be able to do any action.

        Marcus

--
Marcus Denker -- http://marcusdenker.de