6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Source repo changes

SeanTAllen
Hi all,

A couple things to report and a question to ask:

I've setup a new github account for all things redline. Its days of living in James' account are coming to an end soon. Why? Well,

1. We can setup the new account as an 'organization' which on github allows us more options for collaboration.

2. It allows us to use github pages to setup a new redline.st that anyone can contribute to through the usual git process.

The Question...

The easiest way for people who aren't git masters to do the switch, is to say... hey everyone, get your changes in by X date then during a 24 hour window afterwards, everything will be moved to the new repo that you can fork on github. Does this idea work for everyone? 

The other option is, if no one has an issue with it, that I just move everything and everyone adjusts their upstream. <-- if you don't know what that means, you then the easy option might be better for you.

-Sean-- 
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Source repo changes

James Ladd
+1 for telling people to get changes in, then move to new repo.

On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 8:54 AM, Sean T Allen <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

I've setup a new github account for all things redline. Its days of living in James' account are coming to an end soon. Why? Well,

1. We can setup the new account as an 'organization' which on github allows us more options for collaboration.

2. It allows us to use github pages to setup a new redline.st that anyone can contribute to through the usual git process.

The Question...

The easiest way for people who aren't git masters to do the switch, is to say... hey everyone, get your changes in by X date then during a 24 hour window afterwards, everything will be moved to the new repo that you can fork on github. Does this idea work for everyone? 

The other option is, if no one has an issue with it, that I just move everything and everyone adjusts their upstream. <-- if you don't know what that means, you then the easy option might be better for you.

-Sean-- 

Reply | Threaded
|

SeanTAllen
Any objections to my doing this in the evening on Wednesday September 28th - Eastern Standard Time?

If no one says anything against that time, I will do it then.

On Saturday, September 17, 2011 at 6:57 PM, James Ladd wrote:

Hi all,

The Question...

-Sean-- 

Reply | Threaded
|

James Ladd
+ 1

Then I'll fork and go pull requests on my own work like you guys do :)

On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 1:37 PM, Sean T Allen <[hidden email]> wrote:
Any objections to my doing this in the evening on Wednesday September 28th - Eastern Standard Time?

Hi all,

The Question...

-Sean-- 

Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Source repo changes

Robert Roland
In reply to this post by SeanTAllen
Sounds good to me.

I wonder if github has any easy way to deal with this?

Sent: 9/25/2011 8:38 PM
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: Source repo changes

+ 1

Hi all,

The Question...

-Sean-- 

Reply | Threaded
|

SeanTAllen
Well there is fork, but that doesnt represent what we really want.

As it would make it look like the current canonical is still the canonical.

On 09/25/2011 11:45 PM, Robert Roland wrote:
Sounds good to me.

I wonder if github has any easy way to deal with this?

Sent: 9/25/2011 8:38 PM
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: Source repo changes

+ 1

Hi all,

The Question...

-Sean--