SourceCodeTourGuide

HwaJong Oh
Supports: Pharo 1.2, 1.3, 1.4
Browser support: SystemBrowser, OmniBrowser.

evalutate following code to install

project := 'DaliotsPlayground'.
conf := 'ConfigurationOfDaliotsPlayground'.
pak := 'SourceCodeTourGuide'.

Gofer new
squeaksource: project;
package: conf;
load.
(Smalltalk at: conf asSymbol ) project lastVersion load: pak.

And then click menu item..
WorldMenu > Tools > SourceCodeTourGuide

Cheers
HwaJong Oh

Re: SourceCodeTourGuide

Peter K.H. Gragert
I a Pharo newbie need help to use it ..
Installation went without error  ;-)
   Peter

2012/9/11 HwaJong Oh <[hidden email]>
Supports: Pharo 1.2, 1.3, 1.4
Browser support: SystemBrowser, OmniBrowser.

evalutate following code to install

project := 'DaliotsPlayground'.
conf := 'ConfigurationOfDaliotsPlayground'.
pak := 'SourceCodeTourGuide'.

Gofer new
squeaksource: project;
package: conf;
load.
(Smalltalk at: conf asSymbol ) project lastVersion load: pak.

And then click menu item..
WorldMenu > Tools > SourceCodeTourGuide

Cheers
HwaJong Oh

Re: SourceCodeTourGuide

HwaJong Oh
Peter,

Could you show the detail how installation fails? Anything like stack dump, screen capture, or video.

HwaJong

Re: SourceCodeTourGuide

Peter K.H. Gragert
NO NO, installation was ok, in the tools I can open ... but then?
only two empty 'windows in it and the black triangle with menu which do something but the real usage ???

2012/9/12 HwaJong Oh <[hidden email]>
Peter,

Could you show the detail how installation fails? Anything like stack dump,
screen capture, or video.

HwaJong

Re: SourceCodeTourGuide

HwaJong Oh
Peter,

you can drag and drop class category, class, method category, method from a browser into that empty window.

and then press "pick" button. your cursor will change to cross. click on a browser. you will see the clicked browser be highlighted. from then on, if you change the selection of your list by keyboard or mouse click, highlighted browser's selection will change.

you can also add comments to selected item.

Hope this helps.

HwaJong

Re: SourceCodeTourGuide

Peter K.H. Gragert
OK, the idea of dragging a 'class' to 'your' inputwindow was not clear to me.
But trying this way of working it seems not to work with 'normal' classes
I get at once an debug window: receiver does not know...

I think, that I misunderstood your post, that it works only for a ... project?
If I am right, maybe tell it for beginners how to fetch a mini example?

Thanks for trying to solve this for me.
      Peter

2012/9/12 HwaJong Oh <[hidden email]>
Peter,

you can drag and drop class category, class, method category, method from a
browser into that empty window.

and then press "pick" button. your cursor will change to cross. click on a
browser. you will see the clicked browser be highlighted. from then on, if
you change the selection of your list by keyboard or mouse click,
highlighted browser's selection will change.

you can also add comments to selected item.

Hope this helps.

HwaJong

Re: SourceCodeTourGuide

HwaJong Oh
Peter,

sorry for your trouble understanding. my english is very poor. here is a demo video. Try to follow it and tell me what goes to your side.

http://screencast.com/t/XDIRg4umC1
(This is a bit old version and may differ slightly)

Regards
HwaJong

Re: SourceCodeTourGuide

Peter K.H. Gragert
Dear HwaJong,
Oh, your video is very clear!
Now the problems with my Pharo:
The e.g. Collections-String is not draggable to the window.
A Class can be dragged, but dropping it on the left window gives
a debug screen:
upper most e.g.
Array(object) doesNotUnderstand #canBeConvertedToTGNode
SourceCodeTourGuide wantsDroppedMorph:event:inMorph:

Meaning there are TWO problems, the category cannot be dragged
and a dragged class can not be converted ...

Hope, that this makes something clear  to you!

Your English is as good as mine!
Greets
      Peter

2012/9/13 HwaJong Oh <[hidden email]>
Peter,

sorry for your trouble understanding. my english is very poor. here is a
demo video. Try to follow it and tell me what goes to your side.

http://screencast.com/t/XDIRg4umC1
(This is a bit old version and may differ slightly)

Regards
HwaJong

Re: SourceCodeTourGuide

LogiqueWerks
If our English were the problem, judging by US politics, there would
be no hope of solving problems !  :-)

Re: SourceCodeTourGuide

HwaJong Oh
#canBeConvertedToTGNode is supposed to be sent only to Association, ClassDescription, TGNode.

When my item of my Browser is dragged, Association object is generated by the Brower.
I think your browser is generating differnt kind of object when dragged.

Could you specifiy your VM, image, and browser type(SystemBrowser, OBBrowser, Nautilus, etc).

Regards
HwaJong

Re: SourceCodeTourGuide

Peter K.H. Gragert
Pharo 1.4 (image is from 'kilon' called Ephestos ...)
Systembrowser used .
Peter
2012/9/14 HwaJong Oh <[hidden email]>
#canBeConvertedToTGNode is supposed to be sent only to Association,
ClassDescription, TGNode.

When my item of my Browser is dragged, Association object is generated by
the Brower.
I think your browser is generating differnt kind of object when dragged.

Could you specifiy your VM, image, and browser type(SystemBrowser,
OBBrowser, Nautilus, etc).

Regards
HwaJong

Re: SourceCodeTourGuide

HwaJong Oh
sorry, Peter.

I don't know kilon nor Ephestos.

Could point me to the links where I can get the VM and image file?
If it is not possible, could you send the vm file and image file zipped to my email?

Regards
HwaJong

Re: SourceCodeTourGuide

HwaJong Oh
Hi, Peter

I've got your image and figured your problem out. See the video link below
http://screencast.com/t/NdYcmzPcM0J7

The cause of the problem was your default browser is Nautilus, which SourceCdoeTourGuide does not support Nautilus yet.
Nautilus will be supported in the future.

2012. 9. 15.,  1:44 AM, Peter K.H. Gragert wrote:

>Hallo (and how ma?)

No. that is not right. 안녕하세요? or 안녕 or 방가방가

>let me know if you can use this image in Pharo ;-)
>Greetings
>      Peter
>    FILE ATTACHED: <Ephestos.1.zip>

Please include you've included changes file and source file and VM file for better .

P.S. If you don't mind, I would like to post this to the mailing list. Send me an e-mail with YES, if you approve.

Best Regards
HwaJong