Spanish Homework

Ian Bartholomew-4
Help!!

Because of my web page I occasionally get asked for help by people doing
Smalltalk courses and who are having trouble with assignments. I normally
try to assist by giving hints and suggestions rather than a direct answer,
nobody really gains from that, but I have come across a problem. The person
who has just asked a question speaks Spanish, with very little English and
my Spanish is, I'm ashamed to say, non-existent.

Providing hints and suggestions, and making myself understood, in this case
will be very difficult!.

So, is there anyone out there who is reasonably proficient in Smalltalk and
Spanish who would be willing to assist this person with a bit of homework.
The questions so far have been about Smalltalk v C++ (does Smalltalk have
constructors/destructors and converting a bit of C++ code into Smalltalk).

Any volunteers?

Regards
    Ian

Re: Spanish Homework

Bruno Brasesco
I speak Spanish perfectly. I know about Smalltalk.

I can help !!!, but I not promising nothing only help.

Best Regards
Bruno Brasesco

RE: Spanish Homework

Smalltalkiano
Hi Ian,

    native spanishTalker here..

regards

Seb

Re: Spanish Homework

James J. Gavan-2
Ian Bartholomew wrote:

> Help!!

If you've got somebody who speaks Spanish go for it. For 'quickies' you can
always use Babelfish.com. It gives you pretty fractured results in ANY of the
major languages - but is not too bad if you can stay away from technical
terminology.

Mind you - I got in real trouble with somebody in Portugal over COBOL. Finished
up thinking I was a native speaker - until I told him I wouldn't be able to get
a job at the UN as an interpreter <G>.

Jimmy, Calgary AB