Spec Book

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Spec Book

Vitor Medina Cruz
Hello,

The book of Spec is outdated? I download a Pharo7 image, copy the first example and learn that the ComposableModel is deprecated...

Should I wait to learn Spec? Or it shouldn't be to hard to apply what I learn with the book on the new classes later?

Regards,
Vitor
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Spec Book

Steve Quezadas-2
ComposableModel is now ComposablePresenter. You have to change all the spec "Model" to "Presenter". As for documentation, I don't think there is any except for that book. The github page is pretty much empty.  Is there any documentation other than that book?

On Wed, Aug 21, 2019 at 7:37 AM Vitor Medina Cruz <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

The book of Spec is outdated? I download a Pharo7 image, copy the first example and learn that the ComposableModel is deprecated...

Should I wait to learn Spec? Or it shouldn't be to hard to apply what I learn with the book on the new classes later?

Regards,
Vitor
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Spec Book

Brainstorms
There */is/*:

https://www.bahmanm.com/2013/11/spec-part-i-basics.html
https://www.bahmanm.com/2013/11/spec-part-ii-layout.html

which was last updated in March, and follows the current Spec nomenclature.

Cheers,
-Ted




--
Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Pharo-Smalltalk-Users-f1310670.html

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Spec Book

Vitor Medina Cruz
Thanks! It seems there are mostly nomenclature changes, I will try to continue with the book and with those two links.

On Wed, Aug 21, 2019 at 4:54 PM Brainstorms <[hidden email]> wrote:
There */is/*:

https://www.bahmanm.com/2013/11/spec-part-i-basics.html
https://www.bahmanm.com/2013/11/spec-part-ii-layout.html

which was last updated in March, and follows the current Spec nomenclature.

Cheers,
-Ted




--
Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Pharo-Smalltalk-Users-f1310670.html

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Spec Book

Richard O'Keefe
The second ofthose links ends with
"These topics will be covered in the next episode."
Anyone know where the next episode is?

On Thu, 22 Aug 2019 at 23:32, Vitor Medina Cruz <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks! It seems there are mostly nomenclature changes, I will try to continue with the book and with those two links.

On Wed, Aug 21, 2019 at 4:54 PM Brainstorms <[hidden email]> wrote:
There */is/*:

https://www.bahmanm.com/2013/11/spec-part-i-basics.html
https://www.bahmanm.com/2013/11/spec-part-ii-layout.html

which was last updated in March, and follows the current Spec nomenclature.

Cheers,
-Ted




--
Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Pharo-Smalltalk-Users-f1310670.html