[Spec] Selected item in a list off screen

[Spec] Selected item in a list off screen

HilaireFernandes

Hi,

When I programmatically selects an item in a presenter list and when this item is off screen -- for example at the end of a long list -- the list widget is not scrolled to make it visible.

(DrGScriptBrowser2 new script: DrGeoUserScript allSubclasses last; yourself) openWithSpec

Is it a bug or am I missing something

Thanks

Hilaire

Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Re: [Spec] Selected item in a list off screen

HilaireFernandes

Re: [Spec] Selected item in a list off screen

HilaireFernandes
So this is the normal behavior?

I am not missing anything ?

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Re: [Spec] Selected item in a list off screen

EstebanLM
Hi Hilaire,

There is an ongoing bug about list selections, I hope to work on it tomorrow if time allows me.

Esteban

> On 8 Apr 2020, at 19:54, Hilaire <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> So this is the normal behavior?
>
> I am not missing anything ?
>
> Hilaire
>
> Le 04/04/2020 à 19:57, Hilaire a écrit :
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> When I programmatically selects an item in a presenter list *and* when this item is off screen -- for example at the end of a long list -- the list widget is not scrolled to make it visible.
>>
>> (DrGScriptBrowser2 new script: DrGeoUserScript allSubclasses last; yourself) openWithSpec
>>
>> Is it a bug or am I missing something
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Hilaire
>>
>> --
>> Dr. Geo
>> http://drgeo.eu
>
> --
> Dr. Geo
> http://drgeo.eu

Re: [Spec] Selected item in a list off screen

HilaireFernandes
Thanks Esteban. There is not hurry. I just want to be sure about my own
doing.

I will now write a dedicated workspace to let kids write, save and
execute easily DrGeo script.

Hilaire

Le 08/04/2020 à 22:00, Esteban Lorenzano a écrit :
> There is an ongoing bug about list selections, I hope to work on it tomorrow if time allows me.

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Re: [Spec] Selected item in a list off screen

EstebanLM
Hi,

> On 9 Apr 2020, at 10:17, Hilaire <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thanks Esteban. There is not hurry. I just want to be sure about my own doing.
>
> I will now write a dedicated workspace to let kids write, save and execute easily DrGeo script.

SpCodePresenter is your friend there :)
(And I’m polishing details on it)

Esteban

> Hilaire
>
> Le 08/04/2020 à 22:00, Esteban Lorenzano a écrit :
>> There is an ongoing bug about list selections, I hope to work on it tomorrow if time allows me.
>
> --
> Dr. Geo
> http://drgeo.eu

Re: [Spec] Selected item in a list off screen

demarey
Hi Hilaire,

You may want to follow https://github.com/pharo-spec/Spec/issues/866 .
What you could do for now in your presenter is:
 self selectIndex: anInteger.
 self verticalAlignment desiredVisibleRow: anInteger.
Hope this helps,
Christophe

> Le 9 avr. 2020 à 10:44, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Hi,
>
>> On 9 Apr 2020, at 10:17, Hilaire <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks Esteban. There is not hurry. I just want to be sure about my own doing.
>>
>> I will now write a dedicated workspace to let kids write, save and execute easily DrGeo script.
>
> SpCodePresenter is your friend there :)
> (And I’m polishing details on it)
>
> Esteban
>

>> Hilaire
>>
>> Le 08/04/2020 à 22:00, Esteban Lorenzano a écrit :
>>> There is an ongoing bug about list selections, I hope to work on it tomorrow if time allows me.
>>
>> --
>> Dr. Geo
>> http://drgeo.eu

Re: [Spec] Selected item in a list off screen

HilaireFernandes
Le 09/04/2020 à 12:21, Christophe Demarey a écrit :
Hope this helps,

Thanks for the tip, I did this temporary hack:

     scripts verticalAlignment desiredVisibleRow: scripts selection selectedIndexes first.
--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu