Spec - Wrap-able Label

Brad Selfridge
How hard would it be to create a wrap-able label model? What would one have to do to create one?
Brad Selfridge

Re: Spec - Wrap-able Label

Stephan Eggermont-3
On 16-09-16 21:39, Brad Selfridge wrote:
> How hard would it be to create a wrap-able label model? What would one have
> to do to create one?
What is a wrap-able label model? What is it supposed to be able to do?
Adding a extra model is not so difficult, one needs to add something in
Spec-Core-Widgets, Spec-MorphicAdapters and add to SpecAdapterBindings

Stephan

Re: Spec - Wrap-able Label

Brad Selfridge
I'm trying to build a MessagePrompter widget. It's like Growl only it pops a Spec modal dialog type window. You can pop a message for "errors", "information", "warning", or "question".  You can set the type of response buttons that include: "OK", "OK/CANCEL", "RETRY/CANCEL", "YES/NO", or "YES/NO/CANCEL". What I'm needing is that a long message string, that you want to display, "wrap" inside the widget rather than fall out the end of widget.
Brad Selfridge

Re: Spec - Wrap-able Label

Brad Selfridge
Never mind. I found MorphicUIManager. It will support most of the requirements that I'm needing. Still would be nice to have wrap-able text, even in MorphicUIManager.
Brad Selfridge

Re: Spec - Wrap-able Label

Ben Coman
On Sat, Sep 17, 2016 at 4:49 AM, Brad Selfridge <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Never mind. I found MorphicUIManager. It will support most of the
> requirements that I'm needing. Still would be nice to have wrap-able text,
> even in MorphicUIManager.

Maybe you can wrap it yourself.  I vaguely remembered a feature.
As an exercise, try finding it yourself...

World > Tools > Finder > (pull down) Examples
 'abcde' . 3 . 'abc', String cr, 'de'
<Search>

cheers -ben

P.S. spoiler answer below...