Spec package

Ernesto Bossi
Hi, i'd like to know where can i get the lastest package for Spec in Pharo and some documentation/tutorials to get started with this framework?

Thanks in advance

Re: Spec package

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Ernesto Bossi wrote
Hi, i'd like to know where can i get the lastest package for Spec in Pharo and some documentation/tutorials to get started with this framework?

Thanks in advance
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Spec package

Benjamin Van Ryseghem (Pharo)
Spec can be found on gemstone

Gofer it
gemsource:'Spec';
package: 'ConfigurationOfSpec';
load.

(Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfSpec) perform: #loadDefault

About documentation, you can read:
- a paper with an example at the end of this proceeding: http://www.esug.org/wiki/pier?_s=oOhAZvObeKyruLCa

You know also ask me as many questions as you want :)

Good luck
Ben

On Sep 18, 2012, at 3:09 PM, Sean P. DeNigris wrote:

Ernesto Bossi wrote
Hi, i'd like to know where can i get the lastest package for Spec in Pharo
and some documentation/tutorials to get started with this framework?

Thanks in advance

Re: Spec package

Ernesto Bossi
Thanks a lot for the info Benjamin :)

I'll ask you if i have any doubts

Ernesto

On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 2:16 PM, Benjamin Van Ryseghem-2 [via Smalltalk] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Spec can be found on gemstone

Gofer it
gemsource:'Spec';
package: 'ConfigurationOfSpec';
load.

(Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfSpec) perform: #loadDefault

About documentation, you can read:
- a paper with an example at the end of this proceeding: http://www.esug.org/wiki/pier?_s=oOhAZvObeKyruLCa

You know also ask me as many questions as you want :)

Good luck
Ben

On Sep 18, 2012, at 3:09 PM, Sean P. DeNigris wrote:

Ernesto Bossi wrote
Hi, i'd like to know where can i get the lastest package for Spec in Pharo
and some documentation/tutorials to get started with this framework?

Thanks in advance

http://forum.world.st/Spec-package-tp4647870p4648074.html
To unsubscribe from Spec package, click here.
NAML

Re: Spec package

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
Ben,

On 19 Sep 2012, at 19:16, Benjamin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Spec can be found on gemstone
>
> Gofer it
> gemsource:'Spec';
> package: 'ConfigurationOfSpec';
> load.
>
> (Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfSpec) perform: #loadDefault
>
> About documentation, you can read:
> - a tech report: http://hal.inria.fr/docs/00/70/80/67/PDF/SpecTechReport.pdf
> - a paper with an example at the end of this proceeding: http://www.esug.org/wiki/pier?_s=oOhAZvObeKyruLCa
>
> You know also ask me as many questions as you want :)

The second link does not point to anything.

Also, is a recent version of Spec always part of Pharo 2.0 ?

Sven

--
Sven Van Caekenberghe
http://stfx.eu

Re: Spec package

jfabry

Ah that's a seaside permanent link issue. Go here www.esug.org/wiki/pier/Conferences/2012/International-Workshop---IWST-2012 and then download the Proceedings_IWST_2012.pdf file in the 'Downloads' section. Sorry for that, that's out of our hands ...

> Also, is a recent version of Spec always part of Pharo 2.0 ?

As far as I understood, yes.

---> Save our in-boxes! http://emailcharter.org <---

Johan Fabry   -   http://pleiad.cl/~jfabry
PLEIAD lab  -  Computer Science Department (DCC)  -  University of Chile

Re: Spec package

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

On 21 Sep 2012, at 23:58, Johan Fabry <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ah that's a seaside permanent link issue. Go herewww.esug.org/wiki/pier/Conferences/2012/International-Workshop---IWST-2012 and then download the Proceedings_IWST_2012.pdf file in the 'Downloads' section. Sorry for that, that's out of our hands ...

Got it, thanks Johan !

--
Sven Van Caekenberghe
http://stfx.eu
Smalltalk is the Red Pill

Re: Spec package

Benjamin Van Ryseghem (Pharo)
And actually the correct gofer is

Gofer it
        squeaksource3:'Spec';

On Sep 22, 2012, at 12:09 AM, Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote:

> On 21 Sep 2012, at 23:58, Johan Fabry <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Ah that's a seaside permanent link issue. Go herewww.esug.org/wiki/pier/Conferences/2012/International-Workshop---IWST-2012 and then download the Proceedings_IWST_2012.pdf file in the 'Downloads' section. Sorry for that, that's out of our hands ...
>
> Got it, thanks Johan !
>

> --
> Sven Van Caekenberghe
> http://stfx.eu
> Smalltalk is the Red Pill

Re: Spec package

Ernesto Bossi
Thanks Johan, i was about to start reading the second paper and had the same problem

Ernesto

On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 6:59 PM, Johan Fabry [via Smalltalk] <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Sep 21, 2012, at 6:41 PM, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> About documentation, you can read:
>> - a tech report: http://hal.inria.fr/docs/00/70/80/67/PDF/SpecTechReport.pdf
>> - a paper with an example at the end of this proceeding: http://www.esug.org/wiki/pier?_s=oOhAZvObeKyruLCa
>>
>> You know also ask me as many questions as you want :)
>
> The second link does not point to anything.

Ah that's a seaside permanent link issue. Go here www.esug.org/wiki/pier/Conferences/2012/International-Workshop---IWST-2012 and then download the Proceedings_IWST_2012.pdf file in the 'Downloads' section. Sorry for that, that's out of our hands ...

> Also, is a recent version of Spec always part of Pharo 2.0 ?

As far as I understood, yes.

---> Save our in-boxes! http://emailcharter.org <---

Johan Fabry   -   http://pleiad.cl/~jfabry
PLEIAD lab  -  Computer Science Department (DCC)  -  University of Chile

http://forum.world.st/Spec-package-tp4647870p4648394.html
To unsubscribe from Spec package, click here.
NAML

Re: Spec package

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

On 22 Sep 2012, at 00:09, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 21 Sep 2012, at 23:58, Johan Fabry <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Ah that's a seaside permanent link issue. Goherewww.esug.org/wiki/pier/Conferences/2012/International-Workshop---IWST-2012 and then download the Proceedings_IWST_2012.pdf file in the 'Downloads' section. Sorry for that, that's out of our hands ...
>
> Got it, thanks Johan !

The IWST 2012 Spec paper is really useful, I am starting to understand it now.

But the real code in the image is way more complex than the examples ;-)

Some kind of Spec cookbook would be welcome.

Sven

--
Sven Van Caekenberghe
http://stfx.eu

Re: Spec package

jfabry

On Sep 22, 2012, at 6:04 PM, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The IWST 2012 Spec paper is really useful, I am starting to understand it now.
>
> But the real code in the image is way more complex than the examples ;-)
>
> Some kind of Spec cookbook would be welcome.

In my experience it was not too complex to build a UI.  But then again, I had Ben at hand to clear up any issues I had.

Yet the structure of the code really helped: public methods in the 'protocol' protocols, and now the metadata present in the public methods. So the idea was that this should be sufficient. Can you elaborate on the complexities so that we can address them?