Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Spec - vertically stacked Menu(Group)Model

Peter Uhnak
Is it possible to force MenuModel to display its groups (and group's items) vertically instead of horizontally? The use case is having button palette to click on. Both world menu and subMenu of MenuItemModel render it this way but it is all hidden in the depths of Morphic. Is there any way how to switch this behavior at Spec level? (Or should I make it from scratch?)

Peter
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Spec - vertically stacked Menu(Group)Model

Benjamin Van Ryseghem (Pharo)
It is not yet supported, sorry :s

Feel free to propose a solution to this :)

Ben

On 17 Jul 2014, at 18:24, Peter Uhnák <[hidden email]> wrote:

Is it possible to force MenuModel to display its groups (and group's items) vertically instead of horizontally? The use case is having button palette to click on. Both world menu and subMenu of MenuItemModel render it this way but it is all hidden in the depths of Morphic. Is there any way how to switch this behavior at Spec level? (Or should I make it from scratch?)

Peter

Reply | Threaded
|

Peter Uhnak
Well, is this something that should be done on top of the existing solution, or should be Morphic be pushed away and use only Spec? Or just use Morphic for the very last item - Button and the rest with Spec? Currently every Menu[Group|Item]Model has it's morphic counterpart, but I'm not familiar with future of Morphic. Are we trying to get rid of it or just use an abstraction on top of it (Spec)?

On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 6:47 PM, Benjamin <[hidden email]> wrote:

Ben

Peter

Reply | Threaded
|

Benjamin Van Ryseghem (Pharo)
If you can add some Spec behaviour to match the morphic one, then it’s ok :)

Ben

On 17 Jul 2014, at 19:03, Peter Uhnák <[hidden email]> wrote:

Well, is this something that should be done on top of the existing solution, or should be Morphic be pushed away and use only Spec? Or just use Morphic for the very last item - Button and the rest with Spec? Currently every Menu[Group|Item]Model has it's morphic counterpart, but I'm not familiar with future of Morphic. Are we trying to get rid of it or just use an abstraction on top of it (Spec)?

Ben

Peter

Reply | Threaded
|

Peter Uhnak
But in general, is Morphic planned to be discontinued (fully replaced with Athens?) or just live as the bottom layer?

On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 7:06 PM, Benjamin <[hidden email]> wrote:

Ben

Ben

Peter

Reply | Threaded
|

EstebanLM

On 17 Jul 2014, at 19:10, Peter Uhnák <[hidden email]> wrote:

But in general, is Morphic planned to be discontinued (fully replaced with Athens?) or just live as the bottom layer?

No.
Athens is not a replacement for Morphic, but to the drawing canvas that Morphic (or any graphical object) uses.
So, it is in a lower level than Morphic.  

Esteban

Ben

Ben

Peter

Reply | Threaded
|

Peter Uhnak
Ok, thank you both.

On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 7:16 PM, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 17 Jul 2014, at 19:10, Peter Uhnák <[hidden email]> wrote:

No.
Athens is not a replacement for Morphic, but to the drawing canvas that Morphic (or any graphical object) uses.
So, it is in a lower level than Morphic.  

Esteban

Ben

Ben

Peter