Spec2 and Nuklear?

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas-2
Hi,

This is not a question, but more like a blue plan thinking about
minimalist native UI toolkits that can talk with Spec 2. I just found
Nuklear[1] and I'm kind of wondering if this could take the place of GTK
in the Spec2 world.

[1] https://github.com/Immediate-Mode-UI/Nuklear

Maybe this is just a public note for my future self, put in a bottle, so
future others in this community can find it :-).

Cheers,

Offray

Re: Spec2 and Nuklear?

Steve Quezadas
This is interesting. I will surely go to this tech talk, as I'm always interested in finding new and efficient methods of organizing groups. Will this be a youtube streaming of the demo? Or is it mostly chat?

What is the best way to use javascript libraries within pharo? amber or pharojs? scarlet?

Are there any front-ends for this project available? Are there any "colonies" out in the wild? Are there going to be any physical presentations for this? I am in Los Angeles.

On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 10:59 AM Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

This is not a question, but more like a blue plan thinking about
minimalist native UI toolkits that can talk with Spec 2. I just found
Nuklear[1] and I'm kind of wondering if this could take the place of GTK
in the Spec2 world.

[1] https://github.com/Immediate-Mode-UI/Nuklear

Maybe this is just a public note for my future self, put in a bottle, so
future others in this community can find it :-).

Cheers,

Offray

Re: Spec2 and Nuklear?

tbrunz
Whoops, wrong thread, Steve!  You want
http://forum.world.st/ANN-Pharo-TechTalk-Feb-20-The-Colony-td5111482.html

(The Tech Talks are virtual: Marcus streams them on YouTube; you can access
them via Discord on the #techtalk channel.)

Re: Spec2 and Nuklear?

EstebanLM
Hi Offray,

If plans are rolling out fine, you should be able to add a new backend like that, yes :)

Esteban

> On 11 Feb 2020, at 19:59, Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> This is not a question, but more like a blue plan thinking about
> minimalist native UI toolkits that can talk with Spec 2. I just found
> Nuklear[1] and I'm kind of wondering if this could take the place of GTK
> in the Spec2 world.
>
> [1] https://github.com/Immediate-Mode-UI/Nuklear
>
> Maybe this is just a public note for my future self, put in a bottle, so
> future others in this community can find it :-).
>
> Cheers,
>
> Offray

Re: Spec2 and Nuklear?

Pierce Ng-3
On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 01:59:49PM -0500, Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas wrote:
> This is not a question, but more like a blue plan thinking about
> minimalist native UI toolkits that can talk with Spec 2. I just found
> Nuklear[1] and I'm kind of wondering if this could take the place of GTK
> in the Spec2 world.
>
> [1] https://github.com/Immediate-Mode-UI/Nuklear

There is also Dear ImGui, written in C++, and cimgui, its C wrapper.

  https://github.com/ocornut/imgui
  https://github.com/cimgui/cimgui

It will be great to program UIs with one or both of these and Pharo.

Pierce