Spec2 demos

Steve Quezadas
Hey guys,

Forgive the naive question, but does anyone know how to open the demos in Spec2? The package "Spec2-Examples" has a few example objects that I would like to toy with:
SpDemo
SpDemoButtonsPresenter
SpCheckBoxExample

"SpDemo openInWorld" is not working.

Re: Spec2 demos

CyrilFerlicot
Hi,

Most demo can be open via the menu bar « help => Spec 2 demos ».

Some of them are not yet integrated into this demo browser tho.

Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr

Re: Spec2 demos

Steve Quezadas
When I try that, it gives me "Instance of SpDemo did not understand #openWithSpec

Is Spec2 "finished" or is it still in development?

On Fri, Jan 31, 2020 at 4:07 PM Cyril Ferlicot <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Most demo can be open via the menu bar « help => Spec 2 demos ».

Some of them are not yet integrated into this demo browser tho.

On Sat 1 Feb 2020 at 00:50, Steve Quezadas <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey guys,

Forgive the naive question, but does anyone know how to open the demos in Spec2? The package "Spec2-Examples" has a few example objects that I would like to toy with:
SpDemo
SpDemoButtonsPresenter
SpCheckBoxExample

"SpDemo openInWorld" is not working.
Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr

Re: Spec2 demos

NorbertHartl

Am 01.02.2020 um 02:50 schrieb Steve Quezadas <[hidden email]>:

When I try that, it gives me "Instance of SpDemo did not understand #openWithSpec

Is Spec2 "finished" or is it still in development?

Spec2 is far from being finished. Everything in the image is a preview and might change.

Norbert
On Fri, Jan 31, 2020 at 4:07 PM Cyril Ferlicot <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Most demo can be open via the menu bar « help => Spec 2 demos ».

Some of them are not yet integrated into this demo browser tho.

On Sat 1 Feb 2020 at 00:50, Steve Quezadas <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey guys,

Forgive the naive question, but does anyone know how to open the demos in Spec2? The package "Spec2-Examples" has a few example objects that I would like to toy with:
SpDemo
SpDemoButtonsPresenter
SpCheckBoxExample

"SpDemo openInWorld" is not working.
Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr

Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr

Re: Spec2 demos

EstebanLM

On 1 Feb 2020, at 13:38, Steve Quezadas <[hidden email]> wrote:

But Spec1 is already being deprecated in Pharo8! Why is it being deprecated if Spec2 is not even done? What am I supposed to use if I want to build something today?

Spec2
Spec1 never actually worked.
Spec2 is not finished, but is already a lot better than Spec1.
Yes, it may change… but not so much as to be “radically” other thing.

Esteban

[...]

https://ferlicot.fr

https://ferlicot.fr

Re: Spec2 demos

CyrilFerlicot

On Sat 1 Feb 2020 at 18:35, Steve Quezadas <[hidden email]> wrote:
So if I'm messing around with Spec, do you recommend I use Spec1 or Spec2 at this point?
In Pharo 8, Spec2
Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr

Cyril Ferlicot