Spec2 dynamic list layouts seem confused

Spec2 dynamic list layouts seem confused

Martin McClure-2
I wanted to see examples of dynamic layout in Spec2, and tried
SpCalendarPresenter.

AFAICT, SpCalendarPresenter is doing the right thing, using
SpDynamicLeftToRightColumnsLayout. However, the subclasses of
SpDynamicPresentersListLayout seem to have the concepts of row and
column swapped, so that the SpDynamicLeftToRightColumnsLayout is
actually doing what the SpDynamicTopToBottomRowsLayout should do. And
vice versa.

I hope to take a deeper look tomorrow.

If I wanted to submit a pull request with the fix, what repo should I be
working with?

Thanks,
-Martin

Re: Spec2 dynamic list layouts seem confused

Esteban Lorenzano
Hi Martin,

In fact, all those examples needs to be removed and replaced by new ones. They correspond to a moment where Spec was very static. But now all layouts are dynamic so they do not have sense (and they do not work fine either).

Next merge (0.8) will have a focus on those details, now that we are arriving to a semi-stable status :)

Esteban

I wanted to see examples of dynamic layout in Spec2, and tried SpCalendarPresenter. AFAICT, SpCalendarPresenter is doing the right thing, using SpDynamicLeftToRightColumnsLayout. However, the subclasses of SpDynamicPresentersListLayout seem to have the concepts of row and column swapped, so that the SpDynamicLeftToRightColumnsLayout is actually doing what the SpDynamicTopToBottomRowsLayout should do. And vice versa. I hope to take a deeper look tomorrow. If I wanted to submit a pull request with the fix, what repo should I be working with? Thanks, -Martin

Re: Spec2 dynamic list layouts seem confused

Martin McClure-2
Hi Esteban,

It's good to hear that all layouts are now dynamic!

Does that mean that you'll be removing SpDynamicPresentersListBuilder and friends? If not, it still needs to be fixed.

Thanks,
-Martin