Special usage of EsAtoms in system methods

Special usage of EsAtoms in system methods

oHofmann
Hi there,

In order to get some new functionality I would like to implement different versions of some CFS-methods.
The original versions of the methods contains some code I do not know how to deal with:
    ##PR = ##'1ET6RFP'.
Code like this can be found in many methods in VAST. The second constant is different in most occurences. There are even variants where the second constant is an EsSymbol and not an EsAtom.
So far, I could not find any documentation on this. There's just one topic in the instantiations Forums where such code is mentioned: Instantiations Forums: References to symbols or atoms
I copied the line in my new versions and they seem to work properly on my machine. However, I'm not sure whether to release this code in production or not, because I do not know exactly what the line mentioned above is responsible for.

Can anyone tell me what this code is for and how to deal with it?

Oliver

Re: Special usage of EsAtoms in system methods

Thomas Koschate-2
Oliver, this code is merely a flag to indicate the Problem Report with which the code is associated.  It doesn't actually do anything except act as documentation, so you can safely omit it in new versions that you create.

Re: Special usage of EsAtoms in system methods

John O'Keefe-3
Oliver -

Thomas is correct -- this was a technique used a few years ago to flag methods that had been patched -- I am removing them when a method containing one of them is touched for other reasons.  Feel free to remove the line of code when you are developing your own subclasses.

John