SpellingPlugin

Paul DeBruicker
Hi -

Where can I read more about the SpellingPlugin thats included with the
Mac VM?

I'm hoping to learn whether it uses the hunspell library and if so
whether the plugin can be made to run on linux, and if so can then be
incorporated as the spell checker for the lint rules as well as for
Seaside components/user input.

Thanks

Paul

Re: SpellingPlugin

Lukas Renggli
On 18 January 2012 17:53, Paul DeBruicker <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi -
>
> Where can I read more about the SpellingPlugin thats included with the Mac
> VM?
>
> I'm hoping to learn whether it uses the hunspell library and if so whether
> the plugin can be made to run on linux, and if so can then be incorporated
> as the spell checker for the lint rules as well as for Seaside
> components/user input.

No, it uses the (proprietary) system spell checker of OS X.

The original source code for the Smalltalk size is here:

   ftp://ftp.smalltalkconsulting.com/experimental/MacSpelling/JMMMacSpelling.1.cs

The refactoring engine code critics integration just needs a small
subset and thus implements those in its own class. If similar
primitives are available for other platforms, they could be easily
added. On startup the refactoring engine looks for the best available
system or falls back to the Smalltalk one.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch