Spoon 3 alpha 3 released

ccrraaiigg

http://thiscontext.wordpress.com/2011/08/19/spoon-3-alpha-3-released

     Spoon is a project to make Smalltalk systems more understandable,
by removing unnecessary stuff, reorganizing what remains, and making it
easier to share and deploy. If you're interested in teaching, modules,
bootstrapping, minimalism, remote messaging, proxies, metaprogramming,
streams, sockets, or namespaces, you may be interested in this.

     Thanks!

-C

--
Craig Latta
www.netjam.org/resume

Re: Spoon 3 alpha 3 released

Karl Ramberg
Hi
I can't run on Win 7 Swedish.
I get a popup notifier that the side by side configuration is wrong ?
Also to either look at the log or use sxstrace.exe.
I'm not sure where a log is stored.

Karl

image.png

On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 5:21 PM, Craig Latta <[hidden email]> wrote:

http://thiscontext.wordpress.com/2011/08/19/spoon-3-alpha-3-released

    Spoon is a project to make Smalltalk systems more understandable,
by removing unnecessary stuff, reorganizing what remains, and making it
easier to share and deploy. If you're interested in teaching, modules,
bootstrapping, minimalism, remote messaging, proxies, metaprogramming,
streams, sockets, or namespaces, you may be interested in this.

    Thanks!

-C

--
Craig Latta
www.netjam.org/resume

Re: Spoon 3 alpha 3 released

Edgar De Cleene

On 8/19/11 12:21 PM, "Craig Latta" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> http://thiscontext.wordpress.com/2011/08/19/spoon-3-alpha-3-released
>
>      Spoon is a project to make Smalltalk systems more understandable,
> by removing unnecessary stuff, reorganizing what remains, and making it
> easier to share and deploy. If you're interested in teaching, modules,
> bootstrapping, minimalism, remote messaging, proxies, metaprogramming,
> streams, sockets, or namespaces, you may be interested in this.
>

>      Thanks!
>
> -C
>
> --
> Craig Latta
> www.netjam.org/resume
> +31   6 2757 7177
> + 1 415  287 3547

Congrats, Craig, but....

I can't have this working on Mac.
Not with the provided .app.
Failed on Squeak 5.8b3 Vm and also in Cog Vm
Opens in Squeak 4.2.5beta1U with the attached console error.

Waiting to put my hands on it.

Cheers

Edgar

Spoon.jpg (78K) Download Attachment

Re: Spoon 3 alpha 3 released

ccrraaiigg

> I can't run on Win 7 Swedish.
> I get a popup notifier that the side by side configuration is wrong?

     Google tells me that this has something to do with a DLL being of
the wrong format. I'm using the Flow VM plugin, and I probably need to
rebuild it on a Windows 7 machine. Unfortunately, I don't have access to
Windows 7 at the moment (only Windows XP).

     Are you able to to operate MSVC Express on your Windows 7 machine?
Would you be willing to rebuild the Flow plugin?

     http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7665

     thanks,

-C

--
Craig Latta
www.netjam.org/resume

Re: Spoon 3 alpha 3 released

Frank Shearar-3
On 30 August 2011 20:33, Craig Latta <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> I can't run on Win 7 Swedish.
>> I get a popup notifier that the side by side configuration is wrong?
>
>     Google tells me that this has something to do with a DLL being of
> the wrong format. I'm using the Flow VM plugin, and I probably need to
> rebuild it on a Windows 7 machine. Unfortunately, I don't have access to
> Windows 7 at the moment (only Windows XP).
>
>     Are you able to to operate MSVC Express on your Windows 7 machine?
> Would you be willing to rebuild the Flow plugin?
>
>     http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7665

I have a Win 7 machine with VS 2010 at work; given a pointer to some
instructions, I'm happy to try my hand at building Flow tomorrow.

frank

>     thanks,
>
> -C
>
> --
> Craig Latta
> www.netjam.org/resume
> +31 6 2757 7177
> + 1 415 287 3547

Re: Spoon 3 alpha 3 released

Levente Uzonyi-2
On Tue, 30 Aug 2011, Craig Latta wrote:

>> I can't run on Win 7 Swedish.
>> I get a popup notifier that the side by side configuration is wrong?
>
>     Google tells me that this has something to do with a DLL being of
> the wrong format. I'm using the Flow VM plugin, and I probably need to
> rebuild it on a Windows 7 machine. Unfortunately, I don't have access to
> Windows 7 at the moment (only Windows XP).
>
>     Are you able to to operate MSVC Express on your Windows 7 machine?
> Would you be willing to rebuild the Flow plugin?
>
>     http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7665

The problem also exists on my Windows Vista. The event log has some
reports (in hungarian) about problems with SxS, which is Microsoft's
Side-by-Side technology
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Side-by-side_assembly ). I guess using
Visual Studio 2010 Express, or some gnu toolchain for VM building would
fix the problem.

Levente

>     thanks,
>
> -C
>
> --
> Craig Latta
> www.netjam.org/resume
> +31   6 2757 7177
> + 1 415  287 3547

Re: Spoon 3 alpha 3 released

Karl Ramberg
On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 9:42 PM, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 30 August 2011 20:33, Craig Latta <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> I can't run on Win 7 Swedish.
>>> I get a popup notifier that the side by side configuration is wrong?
>>
>>     Google tells me that this has something to do with a DLL being of
>> the wrong format. I'm using the Flow VM plugin, and I probably need to
>> rebuild it on a Windows 7 machine. Unfortunately, I don't have access to
>> Windows 7 at the moment (only Windows XP).
>>
>>     Are you able to to operate MSVC Express on your Windows 7 machine?
>> Would you be willing to rebuild the Flow plugin?
>>
>>     http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7665
>
> I have a Win 7 machine with VS 2010 at work; given a pointer to some
> instructions, I'm happy to try my hand at building Flow tomorrow.
>
> frank

Hi
Is there any progress on getting this built ?

Cheers,
Karl

Re: Spoon 3 alpha 3 released

Frank Shearar-3
On 21 September 2011 21:00, karl ramberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>>     Google tells me that this has something to do with a DLL being of
>>> the wrong format. I'm using the Flow VM plugin, and I probably need to
>>> rebuild it on a Windows 7 machine. Unfortunately, I don't have access to
>>> Windows 7 at the moment (only Windows XP).
>>>
>>>     Are you able to to operate MSVC Express on your Windows 7 machine?
>>> Would you be willing to rebuild the Flow plugin?
>>>
>>>     http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7665
>>
>> I have a Win 7 machine with VS 2010 at work; given a pointer to some
>> instructions, I'm happy to try my hand at building Flow tomorrow.
>>
>> frank
>
> Hi
> Is there any progress on getting this built ?

Hi Karl,

* I can't find any documentation on building Flow
* When I do find some, I'll see if my VS includes a C++ compiler!

frank

> Cheers,
> Karl

Re: Spoon 3 alpha 3 released

Karl Ramberg
On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 10:45 PM, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 21 September 2011 21:00, karl ramberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> I have a Win 7 machine with VS 2010 at work; given a pointer to some
>>> instructions, I'm happy to try my hand at building Flow tomorrow.
>>>
>>> frank
>>
>> Hi
>> Is there any progress on getting this built ?
>
> Hi Karl,
>
> * I can't find any documentation on building Flow
> * When I do find some, I'll see if my VS includes a C++ compiler!
>
> frank

Ok
Karl

Re: Spoon 3 alpha 3 released

Karl Ramberg
On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 11:21 PM, karl ramberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 10:45 PM, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> Hi
>>> Is there any progress on getting this built ?
>>
>> Hi Karl,
>>
>> * I can't find any documentation on building Flow
>> * When I do find some, I'll see if my VS includes a C++ compiler!
>>
>> frank
>
> Ok
> Karl

http://netjam.org/flow/releases/current/
http://netjam.org/flow/releases/current/bits/flow2aPrimitiveSources.zip

Does not seem to be much help files. Ask on the Squeak VM list maybe for help ?

Karl

Re: Spoon 3 alpha 3 released

Ken G. Brown
As well, there's a Spoon list here: