Spoon: debugging remote exceptions works

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Spoon: debugging remote exceptions works

ccrraaiigg

     Debugging remote exceptions works:

     http://thiscontext.com/2014/11/20/debugging-remote-exceptions-works


     thanks,

-C

--
Craig Latta
netjam.org
+31   6 2757 7177 (SMS ok)
+ 1 415  287 3547 (no SMS)

_______________________________________________
Spoon mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/spoon
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Spoon: debugging remote exceptions works

Bert Freudenberg
On 20.11.2014, at 06:12, Craig Latta <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
>     Debugging remote exceptions works:
>
>     http://thiscontext.com/2014/11/20/debugging-remote-exceptions-works

Nice!

This might become a cool way to build minimal images for SqueakJS :)

- Bert -


_______________________________________________
Spoon mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/spoon

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

re: Spoon: debugging remote exceptions works

ccrraaiigg

> This might become a cool way to build minimal images for SqueakJS :)

     Yeah! And Alan Lovejoy and I are getting toward a Squeak-based
browser for his .NET-based Smalltalk, Essence#. The first project I want
to use it for is the ability to make snapshots at all. :)


-C

--
Craig Latta
netjam.org
+31   6 2757 7177 (SMS ok)
+ 1 415  287 3547 (no SMS)

_______________________________________________
Spoon mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/spoon
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Spoon: debugging remote exceptions works

David T. Lewis
In reply to this post by Bert Freudenberg
On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 02:17:51PM +0100, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> On 20.11.2014, at 06:12, Craig Latta <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> >
> >     Debugging remote exceptions works:
> >
> >     http://thiscontext.com/2014/11/20/debugging-remote-exceptions-works
>
> Nice!
>
> This might become a cool way to build minimal images for SqueakJS :)
>
> - Bert -
>

Craig,

Have you tried dropping any of your Spoon images into Bert's SqueakJS page?
Is this feasible? IIUC, there would be some VM support necessary to make
it work, but the SqueakJS VM is by far the most generic runtime environment
available today. If various images could be grown from a minimal Spoon seed
within the SqueakJS environment, I have to think that this would be a remarkable
achievement indeed.

Dave

_______________________________________________
Spoon mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/spoon
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

re: SqueakJS running Spoon images (was "Spoon: debugging remote exceptions works")

ccrraaiigg

> Have you tried dropping any of your Spoon images into Bert's SqueakJS
> page? Is this feasible?

     It is! Yes, there's a bit of VM support required (at least for
remote messaging, and ideally also for method imprinting and unused
method removal), but it's not hard.

> ...the SqueakJS VM is by far the most generic runtime environment
> available today. If various images could be grown from a minimal
> Spoon seed within the SqueakJS environment, I have to think that this
> would be a remarkable achievement indeed.

     Yes, I'm excited to do this.


     thanks,

-C

--
Craig Latta
netjam.org
+31   6 2757 7177 (SMS ok)
+ 1 415  287 3547 (no SMS)

_______________________________________________
Spoon mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/spoon
Loading...