Spotter Survey

Andrei Chis
Hello everybody,

We are conducting a small survey about Spotter.
It would help us if you would complete the survey at: http://spotter.limequery.com/index.php/216683/lang-en

We will use the data from this survey both in a research tasks and to help us to further improve Spotter.
The survey should take you less than 5 minutes to complete.

Thanks for your help!

Cheers,
Andrei

Re: [Pharo-dev] Spotter Survey

Nicolai Hess-3-2

Hello everybody,

We are conducting a small survey about Spotter.
It would help us if you would complete the survey at: http://spotter.limequery.com/index.php/216683/lang-en

We will use the data from this survey both in a research tasks and to help us to further improve Spotter.
The survey should take you less than 5 minutes to complete.

Thanks for your help!

Hi, some questions are unclear to me:

What does this question means:
"Did you use Spotter before?"

before what?
Before I took this survey?

The answers to
"I find the following features from Spotter: "
"Sometimes useful" "Sometimes irrelevant" aren't exclusions.

For the dive-in feature, I would answer something like:
I find the feature useful, but it often gives irrelevant results.

"How many different kinds of searches (e.g., senders, implementors, classes …) are you performing using Spotter?"

I often search for classes and methods, and I think most people only do this. What are "more than 10" kind of searches?

Cheers,
Andrei

Re: [Pharo-dev] Spotter Survey

Martin Bähr
Excerpts from Nicolai Hess's message of 2016-03-29 11:02:19 +0200:
> Hi, some questions are unclear to me:
>
> What does this question means:
> "Did you use Spotter before?"
>
> before what?
> Before I took this survey?

try answering "no" and see what happens ;-)

> For the dive-in feature, I would answer something like:
> I find the feature useful, but it often gives irrelevant results.

so the feature itself is not irrelevant, but the results are...

greetings, martin.

--
eKita                   -   the online platform for your entire academic life
Martin Bähr          working in china        http://societyserver.org/mbaehr/

Re: [Pharo-dev] Spotter Survey

Peter Uhnak
I often search for classes and methods, and I think most people only do this. What are "more than 10" kind of searches?

GTSpotter>>spotter*For:

(and I use 9-ish of them atm, although classes & methods are still the primary use case)

But the discoverability is not great.

On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 11:26 AM, Martin Bähr <[hidden email]> wrote:
Excerpts from Nicolai Hess's message of 2016-03-29 11:02:19 +0200:
> Hi, some questions are unclear to me:
>
> What does this question means:
> "Did you use Spotter before?"
>
> before what?
> Before I took this survey?

try answering "no" and see what happens ;-)

> For the dive-in feature, I would answer something like:
> I find the feature useful, but it often gives irrelevant results.

so the feature itself is not irrelevant, but the results are...

greetings, martin.

--
eKita                   -   the online platform for your entire academic life
--
chief engineer                                                       eKita.co
pike programmer      pike.lysator.liu.se    caudium.net     societyserver.org
secretary                                                      beijinglug.org
mentor                                                           fossasia.org
foresight developer  foresightlinux.org                            realss.com
unix sysadmin
Martin Bähr          working in china        http://societyserver.org/mbaehr/

Re: [Moose-dev] [Pharo-dev] Spotter Survey

abergel
"How many different kinds of searches (e.g., senders, implementors, classes …) are you performing using Spotter?"

I often search for classes and methods, and I think most people only do this. What are "more than 10" kind of searches?

I am looking for Roassal examples, searching in previous playground contents, searching in the catalog, looking for implementor scoped in a particular class or packages, …

Alexandre

Re: [Pharo-dev] Spotter Survey

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas-2
Hi some constructive comments on the survey:

- I agreed with Nicolai: "before what?" I have chosen "Yes" supposing that is before filling out the survey.
- I also think that the scale for evaluating relevancy on Spotter features is not the adequate, because some features are not shades of irrelevant or useful, but used accordingly to necessity and discoverability. In my case I don't use them because my use case don't let me discover that uses (which is kind of an irony: improving the own discoverability of a tool used for "external" discoverability). I have chosen "I don't know this feature" but sometimes I refer to I know them sometimes but is not clear how to pass from my use case to them.

Cheers,

Offray

[...]

Re: [Moose-dev] Spotter Survey

Tudor Girba-2

In case you did not do it yet, please consider spending 5 minutes to fill in this survey. It helps us advertise this work to the outside world, and get a better picture of where to move next.

Cheers,
Doru

> On Mar 29, 2016, at 10:17 AM, Andrei Chis <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello everybody,
>
> We are conducting a small survey about Spotter.
> It would help us if you would complete the survey at: http://spotter.limequery.com/index.php/216683/lang-en
>
> We will use the data from this survey both in a research tasks and to help us to further improve Spotter.
> The survey should take you less than 5 minutes to complete.
>
> Thanks for your help!
>
> Cheers,
> Andrei

www.tudorgirba.com