Spotter search in Catalog ?

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
Hi,

Do we have a Spotter extension/plugin that searches in the Catalog (meta data, descriptions) ?

I though that would be really cool and help in discovering packages/frameworks.

Sven

Re: Spotter search in Catalog ?

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

There is a "Display catalog projects in Spotter” setting. It is unselected by default because people with slow internet connection had issues with it.

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

“The smaller and more pervasive the hardware becomes, the more physical the software gets."

Re: Spotter search in Catalog ?

Stephane Ducasse-3
Guys just to tell my experience last week in Algeria.
Students were super motivated. Some even did the mooc before I came.
And we got some of them playing with Bloc and others.
Now none of the students or teachers at university got internet. Oh
yes they have it on their mobile phone.

Stef

On Sat, Apr 21, 2018 at 10:26 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> There is a "Display catalog projects in Spotter” setting. It is unselected by default because people with slow internet connection had issues with it.
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

>> On Apr 21, 2018, at 9:10 AM, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Do we have a Spotter extension/plugin that searches in the Catalog (meta data, descriptions) ?
>>
>> I though that would be really cool and help in discovering packages/frameworks.
>>
>> Sven
>
> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
> www.feenk.com
>
> “The smaller and more pervasive the hardware becomes, the more physical the software gets."

Re: Spotter search in Catalog ?

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

> On 21 Apr 2018, at 10:37, Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Guys just to tell my experience last week in Algeria.
> Students were super motivated. Some even did the mooc before I came.
> And we got some of them playing with Bloc and others.
> Now none of the students or teachers at university got internet. Oh
> yes they have it on their mobile phone.

And that makes us look silly to the rest of the dev world.
I know it is a conflict.
I've got an idea/POC on how to solve this, but I did not yet come around to making it clean for inclusion in Pharo.

> Stef
>

> On Sat, Apr 21, 2018 at 10:26 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> There is a "Display catalog projects in Spotter” setting. It is unselected by default because people with slow internet connection had issues with it.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>

>>> On Apr 21, 2018, at 9:10 AM, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Do we have a Spotter extension/plugin that searches in the Catalog (meta data, descriptions) ?
>>>
>>> I though that would be really cool and help in discovering packages/frameworks.
>>>
>>> Sven
>>
>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>> www.feenk.com
>>
>> “The smaller and more pervasive the hardware becomes, the more physical the software gets."

Re: Spotter search in Catalog ?

Stephane Ducasse-3
You see I coded in aeroport and train all yesterday. So if we could
detect that the network is not available then
it would be a game changer.