classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Spur problem?

Usman Bhatti

Hi,

While working on a Pharo 5 image for 3-4 hours, I got an image crash and I was no more able to start the image from the UI interface. When starting the image from the command line I got the following error:

Pharo(50871,0xa02c91a8) malloc: *** error for object 0x1af7a04: incorrect checksum for freed object - object was probably modified after being freed.

*** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug

fish: '/Users/ubhatti/temp/vm-spur/Pha…' terminated by signal SIGBUS (Misaligned address error).

The image is about 973 Mb (Moose + seaside + a model for a big industrial software). This message might not go beyond reporting an error that I do not know how to produce neither can I share the image (it contains client proprietary software model and hence we are restricted). 

Just to let you know that there was a problem and n ask if someone has encountered it before?

regards.

Usman

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Spur problem?

Clément Béra
Hi,

I've never seen that error before. That looks interesting.

You need to provide more information. For example the backtrace or something written in PharoDebug.log. 

Else, as suggested, set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break and try to figure out what is going on.

On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 4:56 PM, Usman Bhatti <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

While working on a Pharo 5 image for 3-4 hours, I got an image crash and I was no more able to start the image from the UI interface. When starting the image from the command line I got the following error:

Pharo(50871,0xa02c91a8) malloc: *** error for object 0x1af7a04: incorrect checksum for freed object - object was probably modified after being freed.

fish: '/Users/ubhatti/temp/vm-spur/Pha…' terminated by signal SIGBUS (Misaligned address error).

The image is about 973 Mb (Moose + seaside + a model for a big industrial software). This message might not go beyond reporting an error that I do not know how to produce neither can I share the image (it contains client proprietary software model and hence we are restricted). 

Just to let you know that there was a problem and n ask if someone has encountered it before?

regards.

Usman

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Spur problem?

stepharo
In reply to this post by Usman Bhatti

Usman

I do not think that Synectique should deploy Pharo 50 products before any real experiences have been done and this is good that you

are doing them because Synectique as Moos as some special memory setup.

Stef

Le 7/9/16 à 16:56, Usman Bhatti a écrit :

Hi,

regards.

Usman