[Spy] Deprecated #methodDict

roberto.minelli@usi.ch
Hi,

I’ve seen that in Pharo 3.0 the #methodDict has been deprecated and Spy (and myself) are actually using it.

I will find a solution for myself, but please fix this in Spy as well.

Re: [Spy] Deprecated #methodDict

roberto.minelli@usi.ch
Sorry, #methodDictionary is deprecated, not #methodDict. Is it fine to access the method dictionary using #methodDict??

On Dec 13, 2013, at 1:27 PM, Roberto Minelli <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I’ve seen that in Pharo 3.0 the #methodDict has been deprecated and Spy (and myself) are actually using it.
>
> I will find a solution for myself, but please fix this in Spy as well.

Re: [Spy] Deprecated #methodDict

EstebanLM
well... it should not be deprecated because code is frozen (with the exception of the integration of versioner)... but well, I lost it :)

anyway in latest 3 version there is no callers to #methodDictionary

Esteban

On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 1:31 PM, Yuriy Tymchuk <[hidden email]> wrote:
Ask Esteban.

On 13 Dec 2013, at 13:29, Roberto Minelli <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sorry, #methodDictionary is deprecated, not #methodDict. Is it fine to access the method dictionary using #methodDict??

> On Dec 13, 2013, at 1:27 PM, Roberto Minelli <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I’ve seen that in Pharo 3.0 the #methodDict has been deprecated and Spy (and myself) are actually using it.
>>
>> I will find a solution for myself, but please fix this in Spy as well.
>>
>> Cheers,

Re: [Spy] Deprecated #methodDict

roberto.minelli@usi.ch
There are calls from the Spy project, I am using.

I sent a SLICE to Bergel to integrate and substitute #methodDictionary to #methodDict ;)
Is it ok to call #methodDict?

On Dec 13, 2013, at 1:52 PM, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:

> well... it should not be deprecated because code is frozen (with the exception of the integration of versioner)... but well, I lost it :)
>
> anyway in latest 3 version there is no callers to #methodDictionary
>
> Esteban
>

> On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 1:31 PM, Yuriy Tymchuk <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Ask Esteban.

> On 13 Dec 2013, at 13:29, Roberto Minelli <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Sorry, #methodDictionary is deprecated, not #methodDict. Is it fine to access the method dictionary using #methodDict??
> >
> > Cheers,
> >

> > On Dec 13, 2013, at 1:27 PM, Roberto Minelli <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I’ve seen that in Pharo 3.0 the #methodDict has been deprecated and Spy (and myself) are actually using it.
> >>
> >> I will find a solution for myself, but please fix this in Spy as well.
> >>
> >> Cheers,

Re: [Spy] Deprecated #methodDict

EstebanLM
then the owner of the Spy project need to update :)

yes, is ok to use #methodDict.

Esteban

On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 2:07 PM, Roberto Minelli <[hidden email]> wrote:
There are calls from the Spy project, I am using.

I sent a SLICE to Bergel to integrate and substitute #methodDictionary to #methodDict ;)
Is it ok to call #methodDict?

On Dec 13, 2013, at 1:52 PM, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:

> well... it should not be deprecated because code is frozen (with the exception of the integration of versioner)... but well, I lost it :)
>
> anyway in latest 3 version there is no callers to #methodDictionary
>
> Esteban
>

> On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 1:31 PM, Yuriy Tymchuk <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Ask Esteban.

> On 13 Dec 2013, at 13:29, Roberto Minelli <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Sorry, #methodDictionary is deprecated, not #methodDict. Is it fine to access the method dictionary using #methodDict??
> >
> > Cheers,
> >

> > On Dec 13, 2013, at 1:27 PM, Roberto Minelli <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I’ve seen that in Pharo 3.0 the #methodDict has been deprecated and Spy (and myself) are actually using it.
> >>
> >> I will find a solution for myself, but please fix this in Spy as well.
> >>
> >> Cheers,

Re: [Spy] Deprecated #methodDict

Andre Hora
You can find a simple list of method changes of Pharo 3.0 here:

#methodDictionary -> #methodDict is there, number 42

This is not complete list and maybe false positives, but it may help.

On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 2:15 PM, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
then the owner of the Spy project need to update :)

yes, is ok to use #methodDict.

Esteban

On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 2:07 PM, Roberto Minelli <[hidden email]> wrote:
There are calls from the Spy project, I am using.

I sent a SLICE to Bergel to integrate and substitute #methodDictionary to #methodDict ;)
Is it ok to call #methodDict?

On Dec 13, 2013, at 1:52 PM, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:

> well... it should not be deprecated because code is frozen (with the exception of the integration of versioner)... but well, I lost it :)
>
> anyway in latest 3 version there is no callers to #methodDictionary
>
> Esteban
>

> On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 1:31 PM, Yuriy Tymchuk <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Ask Esteban.

> On 13 Dec 2013, at 13:29, Roberto Minelli <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Sorry, #methodDictionary is deprecated, not #methodDict. Is it fine to access the method dictionary using #methodDict??
> >
> > Cheers,
> >

> > On Dec 13, 2013, at 1:27 PM, Roberto Minelli <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I’ve seen that in Pharo 3.0 the #methodDict has been deprecated and Spy (and myself) are actually using it.
> >>
> >> I will find a solution for myself, but please fix this in Spy as well.
> >>
> >> Cheers,

Andre Hora

Re: [Spy] Deprecated #methodDict

roberto.minelli@usi.ch
Thanks Andre!! ;)

On Dec 13, 2013, at 2:22 PM, Andre Hora <[hidden email]> wrote:

> You can find a simple list of method changes of Pharo 3.0 here:
> https://ci.inria.fr/rmod/view/MinedRules/job/Pharo30-Report/Pharo_3.0_Rules
>
> #methodDictionary -> #methodDict is there, number 42
>
> This is not complete list and maybe false positives, but it may help.
>

> On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 2:15 PM, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
> then the owner of the Spy project need to update :)
>
> yes, is ok to use #methodDict.
>
> Esteban
>

> On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 2:07 PM, Roberto Minelli <[hidden email]> wrote:
> There are calls from the Spy project, I am using.
>
> I sent a SLICE to Bergel to integrate and substitute #methodDictionary to #methodDict ;)
> Is it ok to call #methodDict?

> On Dec 13, 2013, at 1:52 PM, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > well... it should not be deprecated because code is frozen (with the exception of the integration of versioner)... but well, I lost it :)
> >
> > anyway in latest 3 version there is no callers to #methodDictionary
> >
> > Esteban
> >

> > On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 1:31 PM, Yuriy Tymchuk <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Ask Esteban.

> > On 13 Dec 2013, at 13:29, Roberto Minelli <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Sorry, #methodDictionary is deprecated, not #methodDict. Is it fine to access the method dictionary using #methodDict??
> > >
> > > Cheers,

> Andre Hora

Re: [Spy] Deprecated #methodDict

abergel
Give me a couple of hours before to work on this. Waiting to get in my hotel :)

Alexandre

On Dec 13, 2013, at 2:15 PM, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:

then the owner of the Spy project need to update :)

yes, is ok to use #methodDict.

Why?

Marcus wrote on the bug entry that methodDict is private.
"-> nobody should access methodDict directly
-> so why have a "nice" accessor for something not to be used?"

Stef