[SqNOS] Building SqueakNOS

Ryan Macnak
Hi All,

I find myself with time to work on adding the Newspeak bytecodes to
the SqueakNOS kernel again, but I'm having trouble building the kernel
(without changes) from the latest release.  It may be that I am using
the wrong sources since I don't see a VMMaker config file.  I am using

Squeak platform sources from
svn co http://squeakvm.org/svn/squeak/trunk squeak-svn

SqueakNOS platform sources from
git clone git://squeaknos.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/squeaknos/squeaknos

SqueakNOS VMMaker from
The image in SqueakNOS-BootableHD-21-mar-2011.7z

Is this the correct setup?

Ryan

Re: [SqNOS] Building SqueakNOS

melkyades
Hi Ryan, I'm happy to hear that you are working on SqueakNOS! I don't know the exact errors you are having but I can think of one cause: the image you are using is from march, and the svn trunk has been heavily updated since then. Usually both image and svn working copies have to be in sync for everything to work. Also, as we don't want to have compiling problems and we want to have a working version most of the time, we don't update our svn working copy regularly. For example my working copy is r2249, from 2010-07-28. I'd recommend you trying with that one or a slightly newer one. We should update both image and svn and generate a new release, maybe at esug we'll have time. By the way, are you attending there?

Best,
Javier

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 8:53 PM, Ryan Macnak <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All,

I find myself with time to work on adding the Newspeak bytecodes to
the SqueakNOS kernel again, but I'm having trouble building the kernel
(without changes) from the latest release.  It may be that I am using
the wrong sources since I don't see a VMMaker config file.  I am using

Squeak platform sources from
svn co http://squeakvm.org/svn/squeak/trunk squeak-svn

SqueakNOS platform sources from
git clone git://squeaknos.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/squeaknos/squeaknos

SqueakNOS VMMaker from
The image in SqueakNOS-BootableHD-21-mar-2011.7z

Is this the correct setup?

Ryan

Lic. Javier Pimás
Ciudad de Buenos Aires

Re: [SqNOS] Building SqueakNOS

Ryan Macnak
Hi Javier,

That did the trick!  No, I won't be attending ESUG.

Thanks, Ryan