[Squeak 4.1 welcome text] workspace syntax highlighting

[Squeak 4.1 welcome text] workspace syntax highlighting

Hans Baveco
[Squeak 4.1 welcome text] workspace syntax highlighting

The Welcome to Squeak 4.1. windows says:

"Development
Syntax highlighting, based on Shout, is now included in all Squeak tools by default. For workspaces, it can be explicitly disabled in the window menu (entry 'syntax highlighting')."

However, it looks like there isn't an item 'syntax highlighting' in the window menu yet - at least, I can't find it :-)

Hans

Re: [Squeak 4.1 welcome text] workspace syntax highlighting

Hannes Hirzel
And another question: what is the keyboard shortcut to use code-completion?
Link to Shout documentation? Class comment?

Hannes

On 4/9/10, Baveco, Hans <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The Welcome to Squeak 4.1. windows says:
>
> "Development
> Syntax highlighting, based on Shout, is now included in all Squeak tools
> by default. For workspaces, it can be explicitly disabled in the window
> menu (entry 'syntax highlighting')."
>
> However, it looks like there isn't an item 'syntax highlighting' in the
> window menu yet - at least, I can't find it :-)
>
> Hans

Re: [Squeak 4.1 welcome text] workspace syntax highlighting

Casey Ransberger-2
The syntax highlighting option is in the drop down on workspaces. This is probably what that text intends to say. You can turn off Shout in browsers with a preference.

On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 2:48 AM, Hannes Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
And another question: what is the keyboard shortcut to use code-completion?
Link to Shout documentation? Class comment?

Hannes

On 4/9/10, Baveco, Hans <[hidden email]> wrote:
> The Welcome to Squeak 4.1. windows says:
>
> "Development
> Syntax highlighting, based on Shout, is now included in all Squeak tools
> by default. For workspaces, it can be explicitly disabled in the window
> menu (entry 'syntax highlighting')."
>
> However, it looks like there isn't an item 'syntax highlighting' in the
> window menu yet - at least, I can't find it :-)
>
> Hans

Re: [Squeak 4.1 welcome text] workspace syntax highlighting

Andreas.Raab
On 4/9/2010 1:05 AM, Baveco, Hans wrote:

> The Welcome to Squeak 4.1. windows says:
>
> "Development
> Syntax highlighting, based on Shout, is now included in all Squeak tools
> by default. For workspaces, it can be explicitly disabled in the window
> menu (entry 'syntax highlighting')."
>
> However, it looks like there isn't an item 'syntax highlighting' in the
> window menu yet - at least, I can't find it :-)
>
> Hans
Right there...

   - A.

syntax-highlight-menu.png (54K) Download Attachment